Any pointers - Preamp with subout and loudness control

Not sure if sub out is different from line out but Schiit Freya has additional pair of line outs that can be used as sub out. I am not sure about loudness control being a non HT enthusiast.

Line out is same a preouts. Having two sets. One Can be used to connect a sub.
I don't think the term" line out " is same "as pre out" !
Preout is controlled by digital / analog volume control but line out is different imho.

Hi, Any Preamps having the above features, on the look out for one.

Regards
A true sub out would mean onboard crossover in the preamp. That would make it a complicated/expensive stereo preamp, a simple HT receiver.

If you stick to stereo, just pull parallel preout and run it to a sub. Adjust the crossover on the sub. A much simpler and cheaper option. Well unless you provide more information on what your setup is and what your plans are.

Topping dx7 pro is a good option to checkout.

MaSh

Hi
Yamaha wxc 50 has sub out and loudness control.
Anyhow what's your budget ?
Have been using my yamaha rxv2095 avr for 2channel stereo. Something has gone wrong with the preamp section. Problem is still not identified. Have been using the Yamaha wxc 50 as pre amp connected to the avr power amp. This has a subout but not loudness control. The sound is not refined as the yamaha avr, looking for something better. budget around 40-50k.

A true sub out would mean onboard crossover in the preamp. That would make it a complicated/expensive stereo preamp, a simple HT receiver.

If you stick to stereo, just pull parallel preout and run it to a sub. Adjust the crossover on the sub. A much simpler and cheaper option. Well unless you provide more information on what your setup is and what your plans are.

Topping dx7 pro is a good option to checkout.

MaSh
Thanks for your reply. Have been driving my speakers which are with a yamaha rxv2095 avr which has a loudness control. Something is wrong with the preamp section of the avr. Connected a yamaha wxc50 as pre which has a subout and have been using the system. Missing the effect of loudness at low volumes so looking at adding a good pre with the sub out and loudness control which would probably match my avr SQ. The preout connected to sub, the bass is not clean like an avr subout.

Not sure if sub out is different from line out but Schiit Freya has additional pair of line outs that can be used as sub out. I am not sure about loudness control being a non HT enthusiast.
Thanks for your reply. Would prefer non tube preamps as i havent heard tube amps.

Have been using my yamaha rxv2095 avr for 2channel stereo. Something has gone wrong with the preamp section. Problem is still not identified. Have been using the Yamaha wxc 50 as pre amp connected to the avr power amp. This has a subout but not loudness control. The sound is not refined as the yamaha avr, looking for something better. budget around 40-50k.
I went through the specs and it's mentioned that it had loudness correction..
Check the features section too..

Last edited:
Hi...

Don't know about loudness control..but for a preamp with subout, it would be really hard to look beyond the parasound p5 and p6 preamps. As apart from a sub out, they also provide crossover functions for the sub and the main speakers, very much like a AVR. But all analogue...no digital here...so you might have to sweat a bit to dail the main speakers and the sub in, to blend beautifully :)

Hi...

Don't know about loudness control..but for a preamp with subout, it would be really hard to look beyond the parasound p5 and p6 preamps. As apart from a sub out, they also provide crossover functions for the sub and the main speakers, very much like a AVR. But all analogue...no digital here...so you might have to sweat a bit to dail the main speakers and the sub in, to blend beautifully :)
Thanks newlash09. was going through the parasound p6 specs yesterday. Prices seems to be too high in india. May look at getting one from USA. Will have to demo one if possible before taking a decision to get one.

Did tweak the settings yesterday of the yamaha wcx50, Better sounding now, but not fully satisfied.
I got a acoustic potrait tube pre. It drives a Poweramp for speakers and a line goes out to my svs sub. The sub transformed with this preamp compared to the marantz receiver i had earlier.

Keep it simple. A good dac+preamp+Poweramp. Adjust the sub crossover to match the speakers.

MaSh

I got a acoustic potrait tube pre. It drives a Poweramp for speakers and a line goes out to my svs sub. The sub transformed with this preamp compared to the marantz receiver i had earlier.

Keep it simple. A good dac+preamp+Poweramp. Adjust the sub crossover to match the speakers.

MaSh
Didnt look like the AP has 2 sets of preouts. How have you managed to connect to sub?

MaSh
OK. you are using highlevel speaker inputs to sub. Is the bass clean and defined. Need to try this out. Bass is not very well defined by using preouts also to sub.

OK. you are using highlevel speaker inputs to sub. Is the bass clean and defined. Need to try this out. Bass is not very well defined by using preouts also to sub.

Didnt look like the AP has 2 sets of preouts. How have you managed to connect to sub?

Yes preamp to sub is via speaker cables connected to the speaker input on sub. The bass is really good.

MaSh

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back