Any Quad 22L2 owners in Hyderabad?

Kevian

Folks,

Quad 22L2 speakers on Hifimart is really a mouth watering deal. Based on online reviews, these speakers seems to be good for both music and movies as well. So, I'd like to listen to these speakers before I make any decision. So, if any good soul in Hyderabad owns them, please chime in. I'd like to audition them.

Regards,
Venkat

Hi,

Sound & Vision shop (Begumpet) has 21L2 with them.
Don't know if they allow you to just listen to them with out buying anything;):D

- Murthy

I saw the Quads at Sound & Vision's new place at Secunderabad next to the Deen Dayal compound near Parade Grounds.
Contact Uday at +919959555912. They have them on sale as well. Not sure what the price is.

Folks,

Quad 22L2 speakers on Hifimart is really a mouth watering deal. Based on online reviews, these speakers seems to be good for both music and movies as well. So, I'd like to listen to these speakers before I make any decision. So, if any good soul in Hyderabad owns them, please chime in. I'd like to audition them.

Regards,
Venkat

The Quad 22L2 is now available at a STEAL! Just ?60,000.00/pair. If you are seriously interested, I would suggest you to buy them right away from Quad 22L2 Available in both Piano Black and Piano Rosewood finish.

Offer good till stocks last.

How good are these Quads 22L2 when compared to Monitor Audio GS10?.

The Quad 22L2 is now available at 60k and the MA GS10 at 63k.

Leaving the fact that one is a floorstander and the other bookshelf which one
will be better for laid back sound?.

Some reviews online say that Quads are very sensitive to placement and while
some reviews say Quads are laid back some reviews say the 22L2s are little
bright.

Reviews of both the speakers indicate that they will be good for both movies and
songs.

Which will pair better with the NADs and be better for hindi/tamil movie songs
for casual listening (not extended listening sessions beyond say 1 hr at the most
per day)?.

Also for a listening room of size (say 14 * 14) which will bring out details better at
lower listening volumes?.

Cant make up my mind as I cannot audition them side-by-side.

Sorry Kevian, I am not trying to hijack your thread but I am in a similar situation
as I will not be able to audition both the Quad 22L2 and MA GS10 side-by-side.

Thank you.

@Sivakuru:
quad22l2 s may be overkill for your room & for your preference to get details at lower volumes.
ma gs10 might be better in this case.

will be better for laid back sound
?.

bright.

Reviews of both the speakers indicate that they will be good for both movies and
songs.

for casual listening (not extended listening sessions beyond say 1 hr at the most
per day)?.

Also for a listening room of size (say 14 * 14) which will bring out details better at

Sorry Kevian, I am not trying to hijack your thread but I am in a similar situation

Thank you.

I have auditioned MF amp+GS10@Audiopeople along with Blasto, Krish and Sajjad. Their sound is definitely not laid back but yeah when coupled with NAD, it might give you the desired sound.

I am yet to audition Quad22l2s but I don't know if SoundnVision will allow me to audition them with my RA06 amp.

And don't be sorry. Please contribute as much as you can.

Regards,
Kevian

will be better for laid back sound?.

bright.

songs.

per day)?.

Thank you.

Hi Sivakuru,

Have you had the demo of the GS10 in Audio people or not? If you, please do that. Please take your NAD along and do the demo.

The GS10 can be NO way termed as laid back. Not at all. It provides buckets of low, midrange and hf details though.

The demo we had with kevian et all was with rotel amp. NAD will be completely different. Also, the demo space in AP is well treated and bass dissipates well, in your room though you will get a bass hump. So the sound will be more neutral.

Get a home demo or else that will be ideal. AP provides home demo without hazzle.

As for quads, never heard them. No one in hyd has them.

Divakar had the 21L2 bookshelves but upgraded to the thiels instead of the quad 22L2. Ask him for the reasoning and opinion.

BLASTO:

I did audition the GS10 briefly but not with the NADs. I will audition again with the NAD and see if I can have a
home demo also. Anyways after some more research on the net, looks like the Quads are more sensitive on
placement and is bright as well. Looks like I will have 2 problems instead of one if I go with the Quad.
I shall drop it off my list.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back