any scientific reason?

Men want to boast about their 'equipment' for bragging rights while women just want to listen to good music. Thats were we lost out on the battle long time ago. My wife and other female members absolutely dont have interest in the nitty gritty of setting up a good system - they just want to listen to music.

At the same time I prefer this dichotomy as it allows me to ignorantly pursue my hobby while my wife does hers and there is no overlap.

Bottom line, men like me apply analyses to different things than the ladies.

is there any gender bias ? any scientific reasons?
Considering besides music men 'listen' to power cords, Sound Improvement Discs, Cable elevator system, Super Duper Jitter Clocks and some OTHER stuff... only scientific reason I can find is women are forgiving in nature, wise and have common sense in abundance.
Regards
:)

audio anlysis part for female brain is overloaded with threat analysis,style analysis ,lifestyle comparision and a major part is to keep preparing backup of sentences to be said in reply to various remarks from other..

Their brain constantly deals with "never show..this /that" type of things

Men have better developed, sophisticated part of the brain that deals with Mathematics and abstraction :yahoo:. Music is highly mathematical. This affinity of mathematicians to music has been mentioned earlier.

Please read the below to understand the intricate connection between maths and music

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~jjn27/mathandmusic.pdf

In fact, you will find women who can sing better than men. However, It is difficult to find women who have composed musical treasures like Bach, Beethoven, Haydn and our very own composers like Naushad, Anil Biswas.

Note: Activating my MCP Missile shield ;)

Tell that to shakuntala devi.

It is difficult to find women who have composed musical treasures...
I know this one :) because I've been watching the series of lectures on How to Listen to Music that was recommended by moktan. As the professor put it, the world's first renaissance man was actually a renaissance woman: Hildegard of Bingen. However, a clue from the same source as to why there might not have been many classical female composers came when he was talking about J S Bach. One of the perks of Bach's job was that his sons got a free university education; did his daughters get free university education? No! Because women, at that time simply did not go to university.

The ability of men to confuse the absence of opportunity given to women at various times in various cultures with lack of ability is never-ending

Who knew that sex-pot actress Hedy Lamar invented technology used then in torpedo guidance systems and now in mobile phones? Well, to be honest, I didn't know that until recently.

A couple of the pioneers of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop were women. Gadgets, electronics, engineering, maths ...and music!

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back