Anybody using ethernet Cat 8 cable?

ok... and should the cat6 / a be shielded or non shielded? some day shielded may do more harm than reduce
Any good quality UTP cable will do just fine. Shielded cable requires special termination to complete the ground loop. The average home office or small business user will rarely need a shielded Ethernet cable. Shielding benefits industrial environments the most.

Thanks. Any link to a good cat6 a cable in amazon india / flipkart? Thinking to buy one.

Amazon Basics / Mediabridge cables are pretty good and provide excellent VFM. Another point worth mentioning, you need a Shielded RJ45 Female connector in order to use any type of Shield cable for grounding. You can't simply insert an STP cable on a non-shielded socket. It will exaggerate the problem it's trying to reslve.

Last edited:
If you can bear the to and fro shipping charges, I'll send you a cat 8 cable and you can decide for yourself. Let me know if that works for you.
PS : I'm not selling it, I want it back.
Can you send me the link to the cat8 cables that you bought? Thanks. I can see one in Amazon for thousand bucks for 2m.

Can you send me the link to the cat8 cables that you bought? Thanks. I can see one in Amazon for thousand bucks for 2m.
I bought from AliExpress ; the ones Amazon India look same, only priced double. You can safely try one.

My Link here:
Post in thread 'Anybody using ethernet Cat 8 cable?'

But isn't cat8 shielded? and the rj45 connector at both ends should have metal outer layer for grounding purpose?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back