Anyone else using Xbox as OTT Streamer for sound quality?

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Series

fLUX

Have been using Xbox as a multimedia streamer from day 1 I got the projector setup in the room & got the ATV 4K too last year.

I prefer the PQ of the ATV and the SQ of Xbox very slightly over ATV ( don't find a significant difference). What I don't like in the Xbox is it upscale everything to Atmos which might be desirable but personally prefer it to be left as per the original mix. Not purchased a Nvidia shield pro so can't comment on the same.

girishtd8262

Have been using Xbox as a multimedia streamer from day 1 I got the projector setup in the room & got the ATV 4K too last year.

I prefer the PQ of the ATV and the SQ of Xbox very slightly over ATV ( don't find a significant difference). What I don't like in the Xbox is it upscale everything to Atmos which might be desirable but personally prefer it to be left as per the original mix. Not purchased a Nvidia shield pro so can't comment on the same.
I didn't notice upscaling of everything to Atmos. Mine Atmos is shown as it is and 5.1 is shown as PCM

ankitbhargava

I get everything as Atmos with a X4500H , any Netflix/Amazon content shows as Dolby Atmos. Blu-ray/4k disc playback works as per the disc format.
Actaully the internal notifications etc from Xbox remains in Atmos and that why the "info" shows Atmos as input signal to me too for all the content.
+1 @girishtd8262 I have never seen any of my xbox upscale to Atmos. Its either Atmos, DD or Stereo for YT.
Lets check what settings you use on the Xbox, I have been struggling to set the input to whatever it is originally.