anyone got Panasonic DMP-BDT210 ?

Is anybody able to play any movies using connected HDD from this player?

For me this guy does not even read movies on drive.

Do advise if there is known solution

Cheers...

P.S By the way I connected 500G WD portable hdd to this player - I believe its NTFS formatted

i am able to play movies at least MKV files.

but the format is FAT 32

if your HDD is NTFS then it will not be able to play, as its not supported.

My review of Pana Bluray players is that, they are the worst in terms of features
compared to samsung/LG

i dont find the picture quality better than my Samsung C6900 bluray player. its the same quality

only reason u can buy a pana is to hack them and make them region free players easily.

samsung and LG provide NTFS support and vast range of file format support.

pana lacks terribly in this

Last edited:
Just ordered the BDT210 on amazon. Player will reach me in 10 days. Having gone through several websites, this player seems to have all pluses, except the limited media format support. I may go for the firmware update to make it region-free. Does anyone know if the dvd player can be made region free using any button combinations on the remote?

Will let you friends know about my experince with this player in a few days!

Just ordered the BDT210 on amazon. Player will reach me in 10 days. Having gone through several websites, this player seems to have all pluses, except the limited media format support. I may go for the firmware update to make it region-free. Does anyone know if the dvd player can be made region free using any button combinations on the remote?

Will let you friends know about my experince with this player in a few days!

Finally plugged it in with a Rs300 voltage converter. Fantastic image and sound quality! I could not play my Planet Earth dvd collection on it due to region locking. Disapointed that my Maxtor external HDD did not get recognized by the player - that would have been a real bonus. Wondering if anyone has tried connecting an external disk drive to the player?

BTW, also got an HDMI splitter for $11 that works perfectly auto-switching between my tata sky box, the blu ray player and the laptop.

Hi,
Once your player has the enhanced firmware, how do you change the regions, please? I had mine done by the retailer, and I've lost the instruction sheet that came with it.
Thanks

First, thanks to everyone for sharing their experience with firmwareinfo.com. I tried to obtain a modified firmware from them for my Panasonic DMP-BDT210 player. Even though reading though the posts, firmwareinfo's website, and checking my request over and over again, my account always got deleted. However, I finally got banned from firmwareinfo.com and my Panasonic's Mac address blacklisted. I still have no idea what I supposedly did wrong.
Anyway, I think we all agree that the business practice of firmwareinfo.com is arrogant and obnoxious. So I took the time to email all sellers of region-free Panasonic blu-ray players (with pre-installed modified firmware) I could find on the net and asked if they were willing to sell me a modified firmware.

It turns out, there is an alternative to firmwareinfo.com: TPS ON-LINE. They answered my email in a helpful, prompt and friendly manner. Just email them, stating your precise device name (i.e. what you would put in the application for firmwareinfo) and ask if they would sell you just the modified firmware enabling multi-region blu-ray.

Lets stop throwing money at firmwareinfo.com with their ridiculous business practice and buy from somebody with proper business etiquette.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back