Anyone here using a Floor standers only in Approx 150 Sqft for Stereo?

Ok.. Thanx for the info buddy....The depth of the Front ported FS is itself around 30 Cms... Around 1 foot & given that i would place it roughly 1 feet to half a feet from the wall, the port is @ a min distance of 1.5 feet from the rear wall... Isn't this more than enough for a Front ported speaker ?

1.5 Feet should be fine in my opinion, unless the sonus is bass heavy but it didn't seem like it. Should be fine.

Regarding the Sonodyne Sonus 2605, i have heard it many times with different combo (Receiver/Stereo amplifier) and sounded atleast good to me with my favorite film songs.....Even more for movies.....Though i am convinced about buying this, i had a small doubt if it would fit my room.... Anyways planning for a Home demo soon.....

I think it'll be fine. Even if you encounter reflections just put some carpets at the reflection points. Some people like the reflections too.

I have fairly gone thru the Hari's ATL speaker thread review by denom, though not in detail....I sincerely appreciate Hari's efforts.....Only a person who understand/appreciate music better can build such kind of speakers......But where can i audition the speakers in Chennai ? Any FM from chennai bought them ?

BTW is there a center channel speaker in his ATL range ?

It's possible he might have made one for someone in chennai, maybe ask on the thread or pm him. Hari can probably MAKE a center channel just for you I believe.

Juz out of curiosity, are these front ported (or) rear ported ?

They're an interesting design, it's a transmission line inside and the terminus is at the top :)

1q4d3q.jpg

Last edited:
It's possible he might have made one for someone in chennai, maybe ask on the thread or pm him. Hari can probably MAKE a center channel just for you I believe.

They're an interesting design, it's a transmission line inside and the terminus is at the top :)

So hari made these speakers purely for stereo listening i believe...

First time i am coming across a speaker where the port is placed on the top.....Hope it would need minimal room around the wall for optimum performance...

Hi Elangoas,
I bumped into this thread only today and found many references to my speaker and thanks for other forum members from Kerala to bring to my notice. The terminus is at the top to better use the length of the line. You can place this speakers on stand approximately 1' from the rear wall and around 3' from the side walls for stereo purpose. If you need to use this speaker in a HT environment, i will recommend getting 5 similar pairs as this will help in correct sensitivity matching. You will not need a sub-woofer with these speakers as the Kevlars themself go as low as 30Hz (-6dB reference). Hence issues with integration with sub-woofer will be absent and you can also easily place these 5 speakers with proper alignment on a stand for maximum benefits. The Centre channel can be placed horizontally as the speakers sounds equally good on-axis and off-axis due to optimum cross-over point selection.
Currently i do not have any installation at Chennai as these speakers were launched only recently (2 weeks ago). Will be looking for some dealers later at major cities in India.

Many congratulations in designing ATL speakers....Thanx for the details on the speaker....

I have sent you a PM..

Last edited:
You will not need a sub-woofer with these speakers as the Kevlars themself go as low as 30Hz (-6dB reference).

That doesnt sound correct. plenty of floorstanders with dual 7" woofers and a tl or mltl cabinets (done by good designers with good rep in tl cabs) struggle to do that. are those measured numbers (in room?) or simulated ones.

Last edited:
They are calculated ones from simulation. Measuring will be subjected to room nodes and the 30Hz response is at -6dB reference level. The low frequency lift is due to the T-line and has nothing to do with the woofer size but has impact due to driver parameters (particularly the resonating freq of the driver). I have also done a subjective listening test using my Real Time Analyzer and have fed sine wave freq till 30Hz to the speaker and could actually feel the 30Hz response from the speaker in the near field though at a much lower level.

So the +/- 3db figures on your website are only calculations - you've never actually tested them?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back