Anyone interested in English 45rpm 7"s?

tek

Hi all

I have a huge stack of 45 rpm 7" records that I am thinking of selling. However, I was told by a friend that people don't really listen too much to these, and I wanted to see what the opinion was on the forum. There are probably something like 100 7"s, ranging from 50's and 60s stuff like Cliff Richard, to 80's pop and disco. There are also some 50's orchestral stuff like Mantovani, etc.

If there is interest, I will make a thread in the for sale section listing each one (although that will probably take me a long time to do considering how many there are!!)

The quality of these range from Good+ to Excellent, as some of these are quite old! There are also some Beatles 45's (Indian pressings), but not too many, maybe 3-4. Most of these have outer sleeves, but there are maybe 15 or so that don't.

As I mentioned, this is not a for sale post, this is just to see if I should bother making one or just keep these in a box somewhere for the next 50 years :eek:hyeah:

Please bother and share the list of the LP s for sale.. Open a new thread in For sale by owner section... I am sure it will be a hit..

Cool, will compile the list when I get some time, most likely next week at some point.

Cheers for the feedback

I'll wait for your 'for sale' thread to see the response. I too have a lot of these 45rpm records and will put them on sale if you succeed.

a listener s take on 45 s brother...
for any given 45 rpm record which has some dust present due to normal usage, a 45 rpm vinyl plays clearer with lesser crackles and pops as compared to the 33.3 rpm lps.
also because of the 7" dia. , theses eps tend to warp less over time in comparison to lps when stored in not so perfect manner by us mortals.
usually a 45rpm will give you better sound in my opinion.
hence i may go for some real good song on ep format even if i already have it on lp.
changing the eps more frequently isnt something i d bother with as i rarely listen to any lp cover to cover. for that matter i usually change the vinyl anyway after listening to 2-3 songs that i have to listen to.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back