Anyone know of any Purifi 1et400a based amplifiers

chander

Hi,

Finally after years of deliberation time has come to take the plunge and get me a Class D power AMP. I am looking specifically to buy the Purifi 1et400a based power amps and so far my search has only led me to a couple of Amps of those shortlisted one is the Apollon Audio. The loaded cost on this is coming to around EUR 1600.

1 - I will be adding a DAC in the chain for Balanced Outputs - any other advantages to the signal other than SNR or I stick to the RCA - considering my streamer pre/amp is going to be unbalanced BlueSound Node 2i or AL6000a (fate of AL6000a depends on performance comparison directly from Node 2i + DAC) ?
2 - Are there any other implementations of this AMP module that are perhaps cheaper?

Link for those who haven't seen it - https://www.apollonaudio.com/apollon-1et400a-mini-stereo-amplifier/

Thanks!

Last edited:
NAD M33 is more expensive but has a ton of other features as well... I am sure NAD would come out with more amplifiers with the Purifi Module in the coming months which should be cheaper than the M33...

NAD M33 is more expensive but has a ton of other features as well... I am sure NAD would come out with more amplifiers with the Purifi Module in the coming months which should be cheaper than the M33...
Thanks @panditji. I did check out NAD amps, but I am looking for a simple power amp and nothing else.

I would suggest to wait for cheaper amps from NAD or Lyngdorf using the Purifi module.. I am waiting for the same myself...NAD is a renowned brand with excellent resale value.. Had never heard of Apollon Audio before you shared the link..

I have never heard an Apollon amp but have been reading about them for a decent while. Their evolution and their various offerings on international forums. They produce all highly regarded platforms, Hypex Ncore, Purifi & Icepower; and are generally very highly regarded as a company. "Most" of the negatives about them that I have read are primarily from the crowd that is still not convinced about class D and haven't tried the amp.

One of our board members in the UK and a dear friend just got this very amp and I asked him to tell me what he thinks, he told me the reasons he dislikes this amp and is willing to sell it and I was convinced as what he doesn't like is what I want exactly - we have diametrically opposite tastes, so as he wants to get rid of this, I have requested him to hold on this amp for a day or two so I can confirm that I want this - I will get a couple 100 EURs written off the packet too, so that is a pretty good deal.

I just wanted to know if there are any other amps out there with the same amp module to compare before I call it a day.

I have never heard an Apollon amp but have been reading about them for a decent while. Their evolution and their various offerings on international forums. They produce all highly regarded platforms, Hypex Ncore, Purifi & Icepower; and are generally very highly regarded as a company. "Most" of the negatives about them that I have read are primarily from the crowd that is still not convinced about class D and haven't tried the amp.

One of our board members in the UK and a dear friend just got this very amp and I asked him to tell me what he thinks, he told me the reasons he dislikes this amp and is willing to sell it and I was convinced as what he doesn't like is what I want exactly - we have diametrically opposite tastes, so as he wants to get rid of this, I have requested him to hold on this amp for a day or two so I can confirm that I want this - I will get a couple 100 EURs written off the packet too, so that is a pretty good deal.

I just wanted to know if there are any other amps out there with the same amp module to compare before I call it a day.
Nord Acoustics in UK & VTV Amplifier in USA make amps out of these purifi modules, there is also a NAD amplifier based on this module.
I have been thinking of importing these modules or getting an VTV make, lack of audition is a major limitation. Let us know of your impressions if u happen to hear them.

With all things being equal (the amp module & PSU) and pretty much the OpAmp being the only custom piece that is added by the manufacturer and maybe the choice of speaker terminals etc. The looks is all that stands out.

Nord is out I can't live with those - purely on the basis of looks; thanks for pointing me to VTV I will check them out.

Nord and Apollon use the original boards and components from Hypex, Ncore, Purifi & Icepower. They play around with the connections and pre-amps in an attempt to improve the sound.

NAD, on the other hand, has worked with Purifi and developed their own version of the Purifi ‘Eigentakt’ Amplifier. Everything, including the board design, components and construction is their own. They must be paying some form of royalty to Purifi.

The NAD C298 is the latest iteration of NAD's Purifi ‘Eigentakt’ Amplifier. It has good reviews and is reasonably priced. In a review, one person compared the NAD C298 with Purifi's own demo boards, and found the Purifi to be 'slightly' better in all aspects - transparency, amplitude across all frequencies, soundstage, etc.

I am looking to buy a multichannel power amp from one of these companies for both music and HT. Will most probably carry it personally from Dubai.

Cheers

I have been looking as well and till fairly recently only the really big names were popping up, NAD, Peachtree, Mytek, Mola Mola and the likes. I decided to look at the DIY option and ended up finding the Apollon and the nords and the likes. Their offer price seems pretty reasonable given the cost of the components individually if you go the DIY route.

Nord and Apollon use the original boards and components from Hypex, Ncore, Purifi & Icepower. They play around with the connections and pre-amps in an attempt to improve the sound.

NAD, on the other hand, has worked with Purifi and developed their own version of the Purifi ‘Eigentakt’ Amplifier. Everything, including the board design, components and construction is their own. They must be paying some form of royalty to Purifi.

The NAD C298 is the latest iteration of NAD's Purifi ‘Eigentakt’ Amplifier. It has good reviews and is reasonably priced. In a review, one person compared the NAD C298 with Purifi's own demo boards, and found the Purifi to be 'slightly' better in all aspects - transparency, amplitude across all frequencies, soundstage, etc.

I am looking to buy a multichannel power amp from one of these companies for both music and HT. Will most probably carry it personally from Dubai.

Cheers
Even i am looking for three channel amp with default HYPEX buffer, will add tube preamp for stereo music.
Are these custome builds or purifi boards available in dubai, if any source you can share.

Even i am looking for three channel amp with default HYPEX buffer, will add tube preamp for stereo music.
Are these custome builds or purifi boards available in dubai, if any source you can share.
No. Both Nord and Apollon are Internet only based companies. You have to order online. The bear the cost of transportation to US, Europe, the Middle East, and bear the customs costs if any. They dont ship to India.

I have been looking as well and till fairly recently only the really big names were popping up, NAD, Peachtree, Mytek, Mola Mola and the likes. I decided to look at the DIY option and ended up finding the Apollon and the nords and the likes. Their offer price seems pretty reasonable given the cost of the components individually if you go the DIY route.
The Chinese company Ghent Audio (https://www.ghentaudio.com/kit/purifi-eval1-se.html) is another choice if you are looking for stereo amplifiers. They sell the boards and cabinets as kits that you can assemble easily yourself. I think they also deliver some of the boards at additional costs.

if you buy in the boards in bulk, prices are cheaper

My case is slightly different - I am getting the Apollyon amp with a decent discount from a friend, he just bought it and doesn’t like it :) For me it will be almost on par with the components + chassis, so :)

My apologies in advance if I offended you as you clearly seem to know people...

No offence taken as none was intended. I do not know any influential people at all just very passionate people - some of these have become very dear friends and we share a lot of interests - diving, biking, trekking, skiing, kayaking, accounting :p etc. When you are involved in so many activities you find people who share your interests in other things too - :) hence a fairly large circle. Most of them are much older than me and some I consider mentors in various sports. Almost everyone is involved in audio at some level or the other so I sail mostly on their connections :).

Thanks for the link for NAD - that's a very powerful amp. Wow this is $3500. Way out of my budget.

NAD is bringing purifi modules in amps.

Still pricey though.

Apollon, Buckeye, March are more pocket friendly?

Things are do picking up with Class D amps.

Hi,

Finally after years of deliberation time has come to take the plunge and get me a Class D power AMP. I am looking specifically to buy the Purifi 1et400a based power amps and so far my search has only led me to a couple of Amps of those shortlisted one is the Apollon Audio. The loaded cost on this is coming to around EUR 1600.

1 - I will be adding a DAC in the chain for Balanced Outputs - any other advantages to the signal other than SNR or I stick to the RCA - considering my streamer pre/amp is going to be unbalanced BlueSound Node 2i or AL6000a (fate of AL6000a depends on performance comparison directly from Node 2i + DAC) ?
2 - Are there any other implementations of this AMP module that are perhaps cheaper?

Link for those who haven't seen it - https://www.apollonaudio.com/apollon-1et400a-mini-stereo-amplifier/

Thanks!
Hi,

Thanks!
I bought mine from VTV Amplifiers, USA. They are the cheapest compared to Nord Or Apollon etc. I bought monoblocks with Separate power supplies.
VTV is the cheapest.

I bought mine from VTV Amplifiers, USA. They are the cheapest compared to Nord Or Apollon etc. I bought monoblocks with Separate power supplies.
VTV is the cheapest.
I ordered mine from VTV . I supplied Neotech UP OCC cables to connect to speaker terminals. I gave Cardas binding posts and Neutrik silver XLR sockets. I ordered all these directly and got them delivered to VTV. Plus you have a choice of selecting your own OPAmps. Sparkos2590.
Now I am thinking of upgrading to Weiss OP2-BP which are supposed to be best and used in Weiss DACs costing over 10K.
So there is flexibility.
All the information is available on VTV web site.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back