Anyone using Bose 301v As front channels.

nkchokshi

Hi all, i am looking for new speakers for my HT. One of the friend suggested me Bose 301 speakers, to use as front channel. Are they as good as their review. I dont see much review in indian forums. Any inputs will be good.

Thank you.

I am also interested to know about these speakers for future use. Also I would like to know which amplifier is most suitable for the these speakers.

Will Marantz AVR NR-1402 suit the speakers?

the bose 301's are pretty good speakers - one of the better products in the bose range, considering the price point. but you also need to consider system synergy. what will be the rest of your setup. amp, sub, rears, centre. you'd rather go with one brand for the entire speaker setup and pair it with a suitable amp. otherwise pairing speakers itself will be a big issue

Fro you signature ,I see you have a monitor audio center channel. See if you can match the tonality of the front 3 channels.

Hi

Had used the 3011 series iv in the past with a NR1402.....quite nice.......had to let the BOSE 301s go as after 5-8 years the cabinets start wearing off...thanks to Indian weather....fortunately sold them for a good price....thanks to made in Mexico...

Hi all, i am looking for new speakers for my HT. One of the friend suggested me Bose 301 speakers, to use as front channel. Are they as good as their review. I dont see much review in indian forums. Any inputs will be good.

Thank you.

Bose sells the 301 as rear surround speakers. They would be reluctant to even give a demo as stereo speakers. So check them out before adding them to the chain.

Another suggestion would be to pick their passive AM5 series instead of the 301: Acoustimass 5 Series V stereo speaker system. I see you do not have a Sub in your signature, the Acoustic Module should fill that to an extent.

Carry your amp to the Bose store and demo the speakers before deciding.

MaSh

Bose sells the 301 as rear surround speakers. They would be reluctant to even give a demo as stereo speakers. So check them out before adding them to the chain.

MaSh

the bose 301s are meant and sold as stereo bookshelf speakers as far as i know

the bose 301s are meant and sold as stereo bookshelf speakers as far as i know

Which outlet? Here in Bangalore i asked in the bose store at phoenix mall. He was very clear on 301 and 201 i guess. He did not recommend them either. Said the AM5 can do a better job as either front or rear surrounds.

MaSh

Which outlet? Here in Bangalore i asked in the bose store at phoenix mall. He was very clear on 301 and 201 i guess. He did not recommend them either. Said the AM5 can do a better job as either front or rear surrounds.

MaSh

the 301s and 201s are stereo bookshelf speakers meant for a music setup. the AM series is for surround sound / avr setup. look it up on their website.

the 301s and 201s are stereo bookshelf speakers meant for a music setup. the AM series is for surround sound / avr setup. look it up on their website.

Guys, so now ive got 301, ive asked one of the home theater dealer in ahmedabad. and luckily he had 2 pairs of 1 year old speakers. They are in excellent quality, :yahoo: He bought them from ebay geb. anyway so i bought them, with the thinking of trying 301, as front, if the front dont work the way i need, ill move both pair in side and back surround as i have 7.2 setup. and remove wharfedale DFS 10.

So today evening ive hooked 1 pair as front. and yes they are really good. But in my mind there was still voice "they are not tower :sad:" as i have been listening towers for last 10 years now. the impressions is not going to change. Speakers are really good, for the value we pay. As any new pair of any bookshelf is costing about the same, but we dont get same size of woofer 8". Ive tested with my Marantz receiver.

I am not a bose fan, but when thing are right, we have to say its right. same thing here, i liked the speakers, but today same day ive auditioned Klipsch & Jamo. and oh boy, both are amazing quality. I might get R28f. Anyone in forum have those?

So now i am moving bose to side surround and back surround, which will be amazing experience as i never had much larger surrounds. And now will search for good towers only.

For users who are looking in towers vs bookshelfs, please dont search, i can say from my experience. Towers rock. atleast for me. :)

And for users in my experience ive tested them with my avr front channel, they, are really good and can be used as front channel. they are capable of handling high volume, and mids and highs are very good and clear. so anyone using bookshelfs as front, and in budget of 21k, they are good to choose.

some reviewers said that, they are stereo everywhere technology, as they have back angled mid. but for me they can do good justice in stereo setup.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back