Apple Music lossless on AVR

jitendra_2416

Hi,

I want to experience Apple Music hi-res lossless on my Yamaha rxv 583 avr by using my iPhone se 2020. Could you please let me know if any components I need to buy to get the experience?

Many thanks,
Jitendra

Use Airplay to stream from your iPhone to AVR, be informed Airplay is limited to 16/48. Here is the dedicated thread on Apple Music.

I connected my iPad Pro to my Denon AVR using an AVR cable (and a USB-C to HDMI cable).

While it plays fine, the lossless sign on the song dissapears when I connect.

Curious if anyone has been able to get this to work.

I connected my iPad Pro to my Denon AVR using an AVR cable (and a USB-C to HDMI cable).

While it plays fine, the lossless sign on the song dissapears when I connect.

Curious if anyone has been able to get this to work.
Not like this. I have tried Android Phone -> Zen DAC -> Fx-Audio Tube Pre (not required but it was already connected) -> Marantz.

App shows lossless / hi-res / Dolby Atmos but obviously won't play atmos on receiver.

Another way. Apple Music on Sony TV via HDMI to Marantz.

TV app shows lossless - no dolby atmos.

Not like this. I have tried Android Phone -> Zen DAC -> Fx-Audio Tube Pre (not required but it was already connected) -> Marantz.

App shows lossless / hi-res / Dolby Atmos but obviously won't play atmos on receiver.

Another way. Apple Music on Sony TV via HDMI to Marantz.

TV app shows lossless - no dolby atmos.

I dont have an external DAC. Dont want to purchase just for Apple music.

My TV is LG. LG WebOS does not have an Apple music app yet.

I have an Nvidia Shield. Again no official app. Not comfortable with side loading.

Trying to figure out why lossless can be transmitted over HDMI cable from my iPad Pro to my AVR.
HDMI is fully capable of supporting lossless.

Just out of interest - how did you side load the Apple Music app on your Sony TV ?

Hi,

I want to experience Apple Music hi-res lossless on my Yamaha rxv 583 avr by using my iPhone se 2020. Could you please let me know if any components I need to buy to get the experience?

Many thanks,
Jitendra
Though I have not yet gone in this way, but I like the devices and methods described in this video

or is there any disadvantages ?

I managed to install Apple Music on Nvidia Shield Pro, played lossless audio and these are the results, i don't think it is working as it is supposed to. What app sees and what AVR sees.
20210729_021226_resize_69.jpg

20210729_021031_resize_33.jpg

Tidal on Nvidia sheild makes the first unfold and it shows up in information.

20210729_021433_resize_70.jpg
20210729_021506_resize_56.jpg

For now I feel Tidal is a better option to play hi res audio. Had lot of expectations from Apple music.

I managed to install Apple Music on Nvidia Shield Pro, played lossless audio and these are the results, i don't think it is working as it is supposed to. What app sees and what AVR sees.
View attachment 60326

View attachment 60323

Tidal on Nvidia sheild makes the first unfold and it shows up in information.

View attachment 60325
View attachment 60324

For now I feel Tidal is a better option to play hi res audio. Had lot of expectations from Apple music.
Could you please point me to steps to install Tidal on Nvidia. The app is not available in India play store. I couldn't find Android TV version of the APK either. Thanks.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back