Apple Music on Linux

mbhangui

Those of you like me who use linux for everyday use, you can install cider music player. It uses the apple music sdk to give you apple music on linux. It plays the AAC version though. This is on Fedora 38 release on my macbook pro. Ubuntu has it on the snap store. Others like Fedora can use the flatpak store to install this app.

1684429785364.png

Last edited:
Those of you like me who use linux for everyday use, you can install cider music player. It uses the apple music sdk to give you apple music on linux. It plays the AAC version though. This is on Fedora 38 release on my macbook pro. Ubuntu has it on the snap store. Others like Fedora can use the flatpak store to install this app.

View attachment 77086
Does it allow login to apple account and stream lossless content too

Does it allow login to apple account and stream lossless content too
It uses apple account to play the song. You can play any song, but any lossless songs will play the AAC version. So what gets played is not the lossless version.

I think the only option to get lossless and bit-perfect is to try out that snap install. All other options will require you to use an apple device.
I have installed Apple Music Candidate release using snap on raspbian os, but it is Apple Music Web Player version and doesnot support lossless playback. So this is now ruled out.

Next i will install lineage OS+nikgapps+apple music (from plastore) and try the same.
Will share feedback.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back