Apple set to launch iPhone in 2008

Neal

sc005.jpg

Apple's much-anticipated iPhone, which was finally announced at Steve Job's keynote during the Macworld conference, will make its debut in Asia in 2008. According to Jobs, the iPhone will be first launched in the US this coming June and later in Europe in the fourth quarter of 2007.

The iPhone is expected to retail (with contract) for US$499 for the 4GB version and US$599 for the 8GB model. Apple aims to sell 10 million iPhone units (or approximately 1 percent of the global phone market sales) in 2008.

Touted as a breakthrough Internet communications device, the iPhone is essential a smart phone that runs on OS X. It will feature a large 160 pixels-per-inch screen with only one button in front. Users can input data by using the company's patented "multi-touch" technology which Jobs claims will be far more accurate than any pointing device that's shipped.

The iPhone is a quadband GSM/GPRS handset with integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It measures just 11.6mm thin, making it slimmer than the Moto Q and Dopod C720W. Also onboard are a 2-megapixel camera, 3.5mm audio jack and wake/sleep switch.

When you bring your face to the iPhone, a built-in proximity sensor detects your face and turns off the iPod and turns on the phone. Meanwhile, an ambient light sensor adjusts the illumination based on the available light in the surrounding environment.

Last edited:

View attachment 28

Apple's much-anticipated iPhone, which was finally announced at Steve Job's keynote during the Macworld conference, will make its debut in Asia in 2008. According to Jobs, the iPhone will be first launched in the US this coming June and later in Europe in the fourth quarter of 2007.

The iPhone is expected to retail (with contract) for US$499 for the 4GB version and US$599 for the 8GB model. Apple aims to sell 10 million iPhone units (or approximately 1 percent of the global phone market sales) in 2008.

Touted as a breakthrough Internet communications device, the iPhone is essential a smart phone that runs on OS X. It will feature a large 160 pixels-per-inch screen with only one button in front. Users can input data by using the company's patented "multi-touch" technology which Jobs claims will be far more accurate than any pointing device that's shipped.

The iPhone is a quadband GSM/GPRS handset with integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It measures just 11.6mm thin, making it slimmer than the Moto Q and Dopod C720W. Also onboard are a 2-megapixel camera, 3.5mm audio jack and wake/sleep switch.

When you bring your face to the iPhone, a built-in proximity sensor detects your face and turns off the iPod and turns on the phone. Meanwhile, an ambient light sensor adjusts the illumination based on the available light in the surrounding environment.

Cant wait to get my hands on one as I have been waiting for Apple to get the iphone out asap, especially me being a total Mac customer, I use their products which are fantastic and never hang or there is never any virus, in my owning the iBook for a year now.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back