Apple Tv 4k not connecting

Surender Kumar

I have denonx3300 avr & recently have purchased Apple TV4K. I have full hd LED tv (not 4k).
On connecting apple TV to receiver, there is no display. Had doubt on ARC and HDMI cable. However, other devices are working well with same hdmi cable.
I was able to connect apple TV on directly plugging hdmi cable to TV.

What should I do to connect apple TV through my receiver. Audio quality is not good by connecting directly to TV.

You can try resetting your receiver to factory settings. Then do a firmware update. Maybe there is an issue with that.

Is there a way to select the resolution settings in Apple TV? If yes, connect to TV using HDMI port. Set the resolution to something very low 720p or 576p manually. Now, connect the Apple TV to your receiver and see if it helps.

Or try this when connected to receiver
  • On Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), hold Menu and Volume Down for 5 seconds, then release. Your Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK to choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.
  • For Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), hold Menu and Up for 5 seconds. Your Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK to choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.

will it work with apple tv?
Yes - Actually there are several alternatives you can use depending on how much you want to spend.
You could configure HDMI control with your existing TV or AVR remote..
Or Any Bluetooth remote from amazon/FK (a few hundred Rs) will work with it
So will any of the harmony universal remotes.
So will the control center swipedown from any iphone/ipad on the network

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back