Apple TV 4k vs Nvidia Shield,which one to buy?

I have always liked Xbox One S over Shield and FireTV 4K in terms of Sound quality
Between Apple TV and Shield, only for streaming OTT .. probably Apple TV might perform better.
Shield is more of an all rounder
Hi Ankit, Does Xbox one s support 4k plus Dolby vision...I am aware it does support Dolby Atmos from most of the streaming app.
Does this have any kind of upscaling technology?
If Xbox can do this then this is the best and affordable option the market...gaming is always a plus side.

Really?
The One S I use beats Shield Pro very very clearly in my setup.
Since nobody measured any of the xboxes we dont know. To me my X is identical to the optical out of my TV. I wanted to use it as a CD player. Then I copied few of my CDs to a thumbdrive and played on the TV. It sounded exactly same as the optical out of the xbox. I can't say if s is better,as I only had the X version with me. The DAC I use is a chord mojo with different headphones and the optical cable is a Silentwire Optical Series 4 MK3. Apart from the sound Department, the Xbox one X does not have accurate colors. Its a gaming system, decent AV source but not on par with a dedicated blu ray player.

Though NVIDIA shield don't have option to install or use MADVR. The Kodi 19 version helping a lot in handling HDR content. I tried both MADVR in PC and kodi 19 in shield pro for streaming HDR movies. I didn't find much difference. Shield always ease of use.

And for upscaling shield have AI upscaling option to upscale 1080p or 720p.

Handles 4k HDR n Atmos content easily from Netflix.

Below us the screen shot of shield playing a Netflix HDR content in my epson tw9400 projector. If you are going use media box for downloaded contents or ripped content best bet to go for Shield Pro.
ok... After fiddling with HDR settings in my laptop (i5 10th gen, 16gb ram, 1660 ti 6gb GPU), i can see good difference between 4k HDR content played with nvidia shield and PC madvr. The madvr image is better than shield and its better viewing naked eye.

Sheild tv playing aqua man 4k hdr through kodi
1623637413197.png

PC playing through madvr

1623637446907.png

Hi Ankit, Does Xbox one s support 4k plus Dolby vision...I am aware it does support Dolby Atmos from most of the streaming app.
Does this have any kind of upscaling technology?
If Xbox can do this then this is the best and affordable option the market...gaming is always a plus side.
No it doesn't play dolby vision unfortunately, the new series has DV supported

Only downside of Xbox is it can't play lossless files from the hard disk. The Movies & TV + media player app is extremely crappy.

But I would agree with Ankit, Xbox sounds way better than the TV apps or Firestick. Dunno how it compares to the Apple TV or Nvidia Shield.

It might be sounding better as it has its own on board chip to process sound. I hope they fix the apps to support lossless audio atleast on the Series X.
absolutely! with my 2 years of AB testing... none comes closer to Xbox when its about playing streaming OTT

Hello guys,

BTW has anyone of you heard about G2.com ? You write reviews for the software and products, and they also give you gift cards for it.
The gift cards range somewhere around $10 per software.

But there is a catch, you need to be invited and the mail should mention you will be offered $10.
There is one site which generates these credit or debit cards, so if you write 5 reviews you won't earn $50 rather $10-$10 credit or debit cards.

What I did is add the $10 to my Amazon US account :p
Currently I have set a goal of writing 5 such reviews atleast, and get $50. Use it to buy the shield on Prime day :cool:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back