Approximate Prices for B&W, Legacy or Deftech

Newbie2009

Hi Guys,
So this is my first post on this website after registering a couple of minutes ago. I was hoping to get approximate street prices for a set of stereo speakers and was looking at the B&W800d's or Legacy Audio Focus. I was wondering what the street price for either of these is, Currently powered by a NAD Masters Combo (M15 and M25). Surrounds, Subwoofer and Centre to be purchased a little later since I spend 80% of my time with music.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Newbie2009

WOW newbie u are lucky to be considering these speakers!!!!
Will the Nad gear be up to it ? The 800D requires "BIG' amps of some quality to perform even close to potential.
Also do u have the room for this speaker? Have heard it really load even medium sized rooms to the point that the sound is un bearable.
Anyway regarding prices its best to call AVI 2200 4040 for B&W and Lakozy 23697001 for the Legacy.
Rgds

well, the US price for 800D is 23000 USD per pair. Just by converting, its about 12 lacs. In India, they will charge you a premium also, for transportation, duty, tax, customs etc. so expect it to be somewhere between 12-25 lacs. Call AV vision mumbai for actual price.

Thanks Guys,
Have any of you heard the B&W 803's? A lot of reviewers quite liked them and I don't want to hear them in the "unreal" setup of the demo rooms. What would you compare them to? I'm looking for speakers that are not very bright and tight clean bass..

Thanks Guys,
Have any of you heard the B&W 803's? A lot of reviewers quite liked them and I don't want to hear them in the "unreal" setup of the demo rooms. What would you compare them to? I'm looking for speakers that are not very bright and tight clean bass..

Most of the reviewers like the entire 8 series of B&W. It kicks butt.
803S - 6000 USD. These are not bright, have tight clean bass, though at the end of the day, a really good subwoofer cant be matched by just speakers for tight clean bass.

How I wish I was in your shoes, currently managing with my aging B&W 602s2. Ah well, some day I guess.:)

Thanks Guys,

I have heard both the 803D and 803S. both are amazing speakers, but 803D is the clear winner among the two. personally I feel if someone can afford an 803D, they should rather consider the 802D instead, unless there is space constraint.

comparison...i'm yet to listen to a lot of speakers. but in the 803's price range....I can recal listening to Focal Diva Utopia be, B&O beolab 5. to my ears 803D is the winner. but ofcouse I'm a bit biased to B&Ws....

I have heard both the 803D and 803S. both are amazing speakers, but 803D is the clear winner among the two. personally I feel if someone can afford an 803D, they should rather consider the 802D instead, unless there is space constraint.

comparison...i'm yet to listen to a lot of speakers. but in the 803's price range....I can recal listening to Focal Diva Utopia be, B&O beolab 5. to my ears 803D is the winner. but ofcouse I'm a bit biased to B&Ws....

Thanks Vishnav..What's the difference (in sound) between the S and D series for the B&W's since for the same 803 series, the 803S is 6000$ and 803D is 9000$..I'm not looking at getting a Sub and the rest of 5.1 until much later.I did hear the beolab5's but found them "electronic" and almost dead in the low range. Just my ears I guess..

Thanks Vishnav..What's the difference (in sound) between the S and D series for the B&W's since for the same 803 series, the 803S is 6000$ and 803D is 9000$..I'm not looking at getting a Sub and the rest of 5.1 until much later.I did hear the beolab5's but found them "electronic" and almost dead in the low range. Just my ears I guess..

In a word, balanced. I did a side by side comparison of 804s, 803s & 803d. 803D had a sweeter high end and tighter bass. compared to the D, the Ss sounded tad brighter.
but I doubt you will make huge difference if you listen to them separately.

9000 usd ain't bad. local dealer here mentioned close to 11K. anyway these are beyond my reach, so didnt care to verify the prices.

For all those that wanted Street Prices for B&W, here they are

Floor Standing Bowers and Wilkins
804S - 2,95,000
803S - 3,95,000
803D - 5,95,000
802D - 9,25,000
801D - 12,25,000
800D - 15,25,000

All these are MRP's and discounts can be had anywhere from 10-15% off depending on your negotiation skills. After a 10% discount the prices work out to about 15-18% higher than US street prices. Looks like the 803S for me. If anyone has any other speakers they think I should hear, please do let me know soon.
Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Newbie2009

For all those that wanted Street Prices for B&W, here they are

Floor Standing Bowers and Wilkins
804S - 2,95,000
803S - 3,95,000
803D - 5,95,000
802D - 9,25,000
801D - 12,25,000
800D - 15,25,000

All these are MRP's and discounts can be had anywhere from 10-15% off depending on your negotiation skills. After a 10% discount the prices work out to about 15-18% higher than US street prices. Looks like the 803S for me. If anyone has any other speakers they think I should hear, please do let me know soon.
Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Newbie2009

IMO the 802 is the best speaker B&W offers.

I have the 805s and the 804s. The 803 s is much superior to the 804 and in most moderate sized rooms will be almost at par with its bigger 803 D. One less Rohacell driver and an aluminium Tweet instead of the Diamond dome. The problem with the Diamond tweeter is that it exposes the entire chain mercilessly and one has to shell big bucks on CDP/AMPS while u can get away with the 804/803s with the usual suspects.
Unless the room is huge the 803s is a very good option.

Another option (different sonics entirely) is a Thiel 3.7.
Rgds

Last edited:
Thanks Dinyaar,
Can I ask where you got the 804's from? Was it a local dealer? I'm trying to get 2-3 quotes to see what the real street price is, any help would be appreciated:)
Thanks,
Newbie2009

You seem sold on the 803s.
Though it's a good spk What other speakers did you audition?
Have tried them with your electonics??
All the best?
Cheers?

B&W are great speakers, you can't go wrong with any 800 series IMO. But it seems there are some good offerings from other brands like Usher (Dancer series), Kef 20X/X. In some forums, Aerial speakers are considered to be B&W killers, not sure if you find these in India.

If you are prepared to spend this much money, do audition as many as you can and take a call. just my 2 cents...

Thanks Dinyaar,
Can I ask where you got the 804's from? Was it a local dealer? I'm trying to get 2-3 quotes to see what the real street price is, any help would be appreciated:)
Thanks,
Newbie2009

Hi Newbie,
I have bought (and subsequently sold off) quite a few B&w s and almost all i have bought from the distributor AVI (also called A2V). I know these guys for many years.
Just call them, fix an appointment and go over and hear the speakers and negotiate if u like them. Keep the international price as a reference and anything upto 20/25 % mark up should be acceptable.
Rgds

Back