Arcam A70 and CD73T combination

kams

Friends..

Arcam A70 + CD73T ..I need your opinions and suggestions about this Combo for Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 speakers..

(or) Any other amp+CDP suggestions for Wharfedale ?
(or) Any other Speaker suggestions for Arcam?..

Regarding Amplifier and CDP, I have Marantz PM7001 and CD5001 also in my mind.

Regarding speakers , I have MS Avant 902i and Monitor Audio BR2 also in my consideration.But I couldn't get the price details for that..

I would highly appreciate if anybody provide me the INR price details for MS 902,BR2, Marantz PM7001 and CD5001..My Budget is US$ 1250 for HiFi setup..I just spend some US$ 1500 for my HT setup(xcluding LCD TV).So I cannot afford more than this right now..

Thanks,
Pandiyan

Last edited:
Both ARCAM A70 and CDt -73 are very ggod and the combo would sound even better.

I was considering both these products last year. IMO Arcam is better than Marantz 5001.

With A70 you won't face any problems driving Speaker

You might want to audition CA 640C V-2 and CA 640A V-2

NAD combo is also good.

Hope this helps.

Regards

SUhas

Friends..

Arcam A70 + CD73T ..I need your opinions and suggestions about this Combo for Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 speakers..

(or) Any other amp+CDP suggestions for Wharfedale ?
(or) Any other Speaker suggestions for Arcam?..

Regarding Amplifier and CDP, I have Marantz PM7001 and CD5001 also in my mind.

Regarding speakers , I have MS Avant 902i and Monitor Audio BR2 also in my consideration.But I couldn't get the price details for that..

I would highly appreciate if anybody provide me the INR price details for MS 902,BR2, Marantz PM7001 and CD5001..My Budget is US$ 1250 for HiFi setup..I just spend some US$ 1500 for my HT setup(xcluding LCD TV).So I cannot afford more than this right now..

Thanks,
Pandiyan

Suhas,

Thx for the quick reply...Any idea about the price list of the above mentioned Speakers and Amps??....anybody please..

I have sent an email to the respective dealers two days ago.Got reply from Arcam and wharefadle dealers and Didn't get any reply from Monitor dealers so far..

Thanks,

Last edited:
I forgot to add one more thing "This HiFi is purely for Music.." ..Not for movies..For movies I have HT..

Is my choice the right one? (or) Please tell me the right combination for pure music listening..I like Punch Bass,Crisp Treble and low mid...

Thanks..

Last edited:
kams,
If I understand correctly, your budget is $1250, thats Rs.50k
Arcam combo will cost around 90k and so, out of your budget.
I would recommend you audition the following:
http://www.hifivision.com/amplifier...-acoustic-energy-floor-standing-speakers.html
This person is in Bangalore only and this combo will cost you around slightly above 50k.
I would say that this is one of the best bets you can get for 50k.
Regarding rough pricing for other items you have mentioned:
Monitor Audio BR2 18k
MS 902i will be 10k - whil crisp highs are there, not much bass
Marantz CD5001 for about 13k
Marantz PM 7001 slightly above 20k, I guess

Gopi,

Thx 4 your suggestion..I appreciate your reply...

I can slightly Increase my budget upto $1500..Actually I have different plan in my mind..I think I will get everything within $1500 If my plan worked out correctly..

ok.....you said MS 902i doesnt have much punch.Wht abt Monitor BR2?..Wharfedale is my P1 and I have red good reviews abt Monitor BR2 also :confused:..Thats why I wanted know abt Monitor..

Anyway I really feel very happy when I see so many guys responding with useful information and good suggestion..

Thx frnds..

kams,
I assume you are still thinking of Arcam because of some deal you have got.
I would say that if you get a nice price then definetly take the CD73.
But the A70 is not so suitable to your tastes according to me.
Its strength would be midrange and is quite laidback.
On contrary you want crisper highs and punchier bass, and Arcam isn't for that.
So, for amp I would still recommend you look somewhere else.
For the type of sound you look for definetly Monitor Audio BR2 is the way to go.
I think for that price class that goes down the most.
Wharfedale Diamonds are again not know for their crisp highs.
Its somewhat similar to Arcam's idea of sound and so, I would not recommend it.
For amplifiers, NAD will offer some punchy bass but highs are rolled off.
I would say probably Cambridge Audio might be your ticket, preferably 640A

Gopi,

I dont have depth knowledge in HiFi world..So I am just follwoing experts suggestions and experience ..After seeing your reply I have changed my combination..I have two combinations now...

1.CD73+PM7001+MS BR2
2.CD73+CA640A V2+MS BR2..

So, CDP and speaker combination almost finalized..Only Amp is the question now...Please tell me the major Performance difference between PM7001 and CA640AV2?..

Friends, Could anybody help me on this...

Thanks..

Hi,
I would anyday prefer the arcam combo but i would look at a better speaker. Try the MA silver series bookshelf.
The A70 integrated is a good neutral amp and i would prefer it to the Nad 352/355 or the mentioned marantz amp.
Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back