Arcam P80 or P90

theEnd

After two years of my Arcam A70 integrated amplifier, I've decided that I need more power. I'd love to get my hands on either the P80 or P90, but they've both been discontinued by Arcam (as has the whole Diva range).

Any clue where I can find some old stock of either of these products? Or else, any good sources for finding these second-hand?

After two years of my Arcam A70 integrated amplifier, I've decided that I need more power. I'd love to get my hands on either the P80 or P90, but they've both been discontinued by Arcam (as has the whole Diva range).

Any clue where I can find some old stock of either of these products? Or else, any good sources for finding these second-hand?

I assume you know those models are power amps right? What will you use as pre?

Hi,

The pre-amp section of the Arcam amps even for the Diva range is pretty decent, and that's why many people use them as pre. What is more common upgrade path for Arcam integrated owners is to get the power amps from Arcam and then bi-amp and let the lower power integrated do the high frequencies only (this has been discussed at several places in my long amp thread). I think this is what the thread starter theEnd wants to do. The trouble is I have no idea where to find an used P80 and P90 in India. You can try calling the store Boomarang in Mumbai and see if they or some of their customers want to sell an used P80 or P90.

Regards.

PS: theEnd, I do not know which speakers you have, but you need speakers with the extra binding posts for bi-amping/bi-wiring.

Thanks Asit, you're very correct.

I intend to use the P80 or P90 in combination with my A70 to bi-amp my speakers (Jamo floorstanders). My speakers do indeed have two sets of inputs (separate for highs and lows), so I will use the power amp for the lows and the A70 for the highs.

I've already paid a visit to Boomerang (thats where I got my existing kit from), and they only have a single P80 in stock (used), but its already committed to somebody else. They might be able to find me a P37 or P38, but these are FMJ series power amps and are a bit over my budget.

Are there any other stores or dealers that do a fair bit of exchanges / second-hand sales etc?

Hello everyone, I saw you talking about the arcam p80. And what I can't work out is the mono option or pin on back of amp, can you mono with one p80 amp(c-shape pin inserted) or do you need two p80 amps, I don't need or want to bi-wire speakers, just wonder if it bridged mono with one amp.and pin in?I'm a bit confused.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back