Arcam SA30 'clicking issue'

muhammed_bp

I have an arcam sa30 of which i really liked the performance.but it has a strange issue. When sub is connected it wont switch on but just keeps on 'clicking' even if the sub is switched off. The same happens when the speaker level is connected also. Sub is REL 9i. It happened with my svs sb13plus also. But works flawlessly with my yamaha sw315 sub. Anyone has any such experience?

Myself found the reason after tracing the cause for couple of hours...😬. i isolated the earth pin in the subwoofer plug and the issue vanished.

Hi muhammed .I'm thinking of buying the sa30. But a quick Google search shows that the arcam sa30 has a lot of problems. I see you have it. Can you tell your experience with the amplifier and are you facing any problems.
Thanks

Hi muhammed .I'm thinking of buying the sa30. But a quick Google search shows that the arcam sa30 has a lot of problems. I see you have it. Can you tell your experience with the amplifier and are you facing any problems.
Thanks
Yes the SA30 has a lot of issues, there is an unofficial forum too where many users keep complaining. A quick google will find that forum.
I m sure there are many happy owners too, apparently the issues are more software based then hardware which has plagued the new generation Arcams, the previous FMJ series were Tanks..

Yes the SA30 has a lot of issues, there is an unofficial forum too where many users keep complaining. A quick google will find that forum.
I m sure there are many happy owners too, apparently the issues are more software based then hardware which has plagued the new generation Arcams, the previous FMJ series were Tanks..
Most of these issues were from the initial firmware. I have been using SA30 for a year now and there have been no issues whatsoever. I use it as IA for music and HT bypass with my avr as well. Love it.

Most of these issues were from the initial firmware. I have been using SA30 for a year now and there have been no issues whatsoever. I use it as IA for music and HT bypass with my avr as well. Love it.
Yes thats correct, i was considering the SA30 for my second room setup but after i read the unofficial sa30 forums & the issues, i just bought something else. This was almost a year back. Good to hear your are happy with it :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back