Arendal sound owners thread

raghukanthjoshi

Hi All,

starting this thread to connect with folks who own Arendal sound speakers just update on my side is I own 1723 THX LCR

Waiting to hear from others if somebody else own same.

Regards
Raghu

Hi All,

starting this thread to connect with folks who own Arendal sound speakers just update on my side is I own 1723 THX LCR

Waiting to hear from others if somebody else own same.

Regards
Raghu
Congrats Raghu ! How is its performance?
Please post some pics if possible ;)

Iam Pretty much satisfied with the performace I dont have deep ears though :) They make me happy for my listening !!! will post images soon

Congratulations! From their website, the build quality looks top notch.. hope they sound as good as they look. What are you driving them with?

Congratulations! From their website, the build quality looks top notch.. hope they sound as good as they look. What are you driving them with?
Thank you they are top notch and they sound well iam using for my HT with Marantz AV 7705 , yamaha 11 channel power

for 2 channel iam driving it with 2 channel quad power and Denon pre they are very well sounding speakers and i love them

One of the most high handed brand. Quoting 2x the price ; when I asked to justify the 2x pricing for us Indians, was asked by the global sales team to take a walk. Amazingly rude!! Good luck to them with this attitude. I personally would never buy from them.

One of the most high handed brand. Quoting 2x the price ; when I asked to justify the 2x pricing for us Indians, was asked by the global sales team to take a walk. Amazingly rude!! Good luck to them with this attitude. I personally would never buy from them.
Was it the India dealer or the Global team?

About an year ago their subs were competitively priced and they were extremely forthcoming with home demos. I am unsure of the current market.

Was it the India dealer or the Global team?

About an year ago their subs were competitively priced and they were extremely forthcoming with home demos. I am unsure of the current market.
I first sent an email to their global team who directed me to their India distributor (e cloud). One Mr Vikas Sharma of ecloud, quoted me a price of INR 380,000 per pair for their 1723 S, which is more than 2x (USD 2000) their listed price. When I asked if there was a reason for their fantastic quote , I was told that this is the price including transportation, warehousing yada yada. I shot off an email to their Global team([email protected]) who replied basically telling me to get lost, in polished manner. No chance of any reduction, no negotiation, no nothing. Forget home demo!!
Wow! What an experience!! If their sales experience is so wonderful, how great would their customer service after a sale!! Will never ever touch their products.
Hope they change their attitude since their products look and sound good on paper and reviews.

I shot off an email to their Global team([email protected]) who replied basically telling me to get lost, in polished manner.
I had done this for a few other brands (contacted their main office) in the past whose Indian pricing was 2-2.5 times of International price, and got a similar reaction. They just told me that we have appointed an Indian distributor, and you just have to deal with them. Needless to say I never bought anything from such brands anymore. It is high time there is some rationalization of pricing wrt to International prices in India - there is a lot of talk of FTA's with Europe, Australia, UAE, UK etc, however I never see any prices of audio equipment coming down. Although for the EU fta, there is some discussion on reducing import duties for Cars, and for Australia - there is discussion of doing away with duties for wine and scotch from UK etc.
Cheers,
Sid

I had done this for a few other brands (contacted their main office) in the past whose Indian pricing was 2-2.5 times of International price, and got a similar reaction. They just told me that we have appointed an Indian distributor, and you just have to deal with them. Needless to say I never bought anything from such brands anymore. It is high time there is some rationalization of pricing wrt to International prices in India - there is a lot of talk of FTA's with Europe, Australia, UAE, UK etc, however I never see any prices of audio equipment coming down. Although for the EU fta, there is some discussion on reducing import duties for Cars, and for Australia - there is discussion of doing away with duties for wine and scotch from UK etc.
Cheers,
Sid
Right, high time, we started voting down such brands by not buying at such insane prices. In any case, the brands probably may not care, due to such low sales volumes that they already have. The people buying it at such expensive rates may also not care, thinking they got the "something special" product at such high price.
In my quest, I have also found many brands selling almost at their sales price that is sold in EU/UK. Also many Indian brands provide great products at much lesser prices. Just need to be patient and do the homework properly.

I first sent an email to their global team who directed me to their India distributor (e cloud). One Mr Vikas Sharma of ecloud, quoted me a price of INR 380,000 per pair for their 1723 S, which is more than 2x (USD 2000) their listed price. When I asked if there was a reason for their fantastic quote , I was told that this is the price including transportation, warehousing yada yada. I shot off an email to their Global team([email protected]) who replied basically telling me to get lost, in polished manner. No chance of any reduction, no negotiation, no nothing. Forget home demo!!
Wow! What an experience!! If their sales experience is so wonderful, how great would their customer service after a sale!! Will never ever touch their products.
Hope they change their attitude since their products look and sound good on paper and reviews.
Why the Rant? The prices are always controlled by the distributor in the country & not the manufacturer. Look at SVS prices now in India.
I m not siding Arendal in anyway as i don't even own their products but ranting here won't give you a discount or some special service.
I understand your frustration but by posting here, you actually think it will bother them? Relax & buy what fits your budget.

Cheers.

Why the Rant? The prices are always controlled by the distributor in the country & not the manufacturer. Look at SVS prices now in India.
I m not siding Arendal in anyway as i don't even own their products but ranting here won't give you a discount or some special service.
I understand your frustration but by posting here, you actually think it will bother them? Relax & buy what fits your budget.

Cheers.

+1 to boycott the brand who throw crazy prices at us. When I bought the Kef T205 for my theater, it came down to USD to INR conversion. It actually was cheaper to buy the set in India than the listed price on Bestbuy and same can be said for the A3070 that I got.
The Rythmik was expensive, but then the performance blew the competition (SVS primarily) away and those things weren't best at conversion rates.

Hey...
Some distributors don't give discounts so that buyers contact their dealers.
Try contacting dealers for better prices.. I don't know who deals in it, but a dealer can sometimes get you better prices.
Indian tax system is a lot different than American.
And generally if the Indian price is a lot higher than American ( like in this case ) thne dealer margins are higher and these dealers will give better discounts.
Most people buy products with better discounts ( 95% of buyers have no clue about American prices) .

Transportation is really expensive these days.
Stocking bulk quantities bought from manufacturer etc.
Basically the business strategy of a distributor matters. I am no distributor, its just my analysis. ( which might be wrong)

In short - for more sales
Give better prices <--- higher dealer discount on MRP <--- put higher MRP.

Hey...
Some distributors don't give discounts so that buyers contact their dealers.
Try contacting dealers for better prices.. I don't know who deals in it, but a dealer can sometimes get you better prices.
Indian tax system is a lot different than American.
And generally if the Indian price is a lot higher than American ( like in this case ) thne dealer margins are higher and these dealers will give better discounts.
Most people buy products with better discounts ( 95% of buyers have no clue about American prices) .

Transportation is really expensive these days.
Stocking bulk quantities bought from manufacturer etc.
Basically the business strategy of a distributor matters. I am no distributor, its just my analysis. ( which might be wrong)

In short - for more sales
Give better prices <--- higher dealer discount on MRP <--- put higher MRP.
Nah! That's not me. I give a damn to brands / dealers who act pricey.
There are enough of good speakers out there. Happy with my falcons gold.

Nah! That's not me. I give a damn to brands / dealers who act pricey.
There are enough of good speakers out there. Happy with my falcons gold.
i have never really understood Indian Audio Dealers. the markup over the US Street/ List prices are inexplicable.

No dealer would buy at US street prices. (since those prices include markup charged by the selling dealer) They would get from the company at dealer prices (average 50-60% of the US street price). And if they are not manufactured in the US, then there is unlikely to be additional shipping costs. the CIF price and duty is charged on this amount, not on the Street price (and thats assuming the dealer is honest and not under invoicing)

So a fair price in India would be about 20-25% higher that the US and that's including dealer margins and duty, As a rule of so currently paying Rs 100-105 per USD of price is fair. (of course this excluding dealer incentives for demo etc). So some of the India mark ups seem inexplicable and those companies who tell you to "take or leave it" at the pre sale stage, i am guessing there are even less likely to be helpful, god forbid you need service.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back