Arphi Aquarius

Finyl Vinyl

I posted this in the Audio Components section under speakers and got only one response. So I am deliberately posting it here now.

Someone I know has a pair of these speakers for sale. What is the opinion and suggested price range for a used pair?

I had them ~15 years ago. Too heavy. Too big. Not very sensitive. Sounded good at the time to my "young" ears. I gave them away for nothing to someone who liked "big" speakers.

Do you like the way they sound?

I remember them . They sounded quite musical , not the greatest in terms of imaging , but solid impact and huge dynamics , didnt really go very low but who cares. Great for parties , not really for critical listening . I do miss them tho , four 12s or 15s I think , not sure , but they sure as heck brought kick drums to life :)

I remember them . They sounded quite musical , not the greatest in terms of imaging , but solid impact and huge dynamics , didnt really go very low but who cares. Great for parties , not really for critical listening . I do miss them tho , four 12s or 15s I think , not sure , but they sure as heck brought kick drums to life :)

Hi, Last week i got these speakers from a mechanic. no name,cosmetically poor but as a vintage curiosity i took those speakers without seeing them. As usual i kept them in my kitchen,not heard. This Friday my friend Mr Mahajan ( also HiFi member, Knowledgeable ) visited my place. I told him about my latest purchase, when he saw them he told me that they are ARPHI AUARIUS,once played at TAJ's ball room. I connect them with McIntosh 2505 Power & sansui Au 777 as a pre,

Sir, they sounded very nice, clear mids n highs but as you mentioned, the lows are not so deep & sounds not warm as my celestion,( i can't compare with Triaxiom ) but detailed, the sound stage is very good. Yes,these are not for critical listening, but good.

Last edited:
I posted this in the Audio Components section under speakers and got only one response. So I am deliberately posting it here now.

Someone I know has a pair of these speakers for sale. What is the opinion and suggested price range for a used pair?
Always interested in them. ALready own a pair of them.. love them ... one of the best speakers of that times

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back