Arphi Integrated Stereo Amplifer AA-140

ShantaramChari

On Friday I had visited chor bazar and found a Arphi Stereo Amplifier. As I am having Arphi's speaker as well as a Arphi's equalizer I didn't wanted to loose the chance of buying the amplifier. I bargained and got the amp for 450rs. Brought it home and opened the top cover and cleaned the dust with a blower and plugged the amp to series, since it didn't detected any short so I directly plugged the amp to mains voltage and hooked up my Super Challenger's to it and boom it started playing music. I was surprised that why did Arphi varnished even after producing such beautiful amps and speakers.

The amp had never been repaired and was having all the original parts so I was very happy considering the price for which I got the amp.

Attaching some pics of the amp(before and after)20210828_215331.jpg20210827_181607.jpg20210827_181559.jpg20210827_181555.jpg

Arphi made some decent stuff. I had heard their bookshelf speakers at my friend's place years ago and had liked the sound.

On Friday I had visited chor bazar and found a Arphi Stereo Amplifier. As I am having Arphi's speaker as well as a Arphi's equalizer I didn't wanted to loose the chance of buying the amplifier. I bargained and got the amp for 450rs. Brought it home and opened the top cover and cleaned the dust with a blower and plugged the amp to series, since it didn't detected any short so I directly plugged the amp to mains voltage and hooked up my Super Challenger's to it and boom it started playing music. I was surprised that why did Arphi varnished even after producing such beautiful amps and speakers.

The amp had never been repaired and was having all the original parts so I was very happy considering the price for which I got the amp.

Attaching some pics of the amp(before and after)View attachment 61515View attachment 61516View attachment 61517View attachment 61518

An excellent Amp...used it for 5 years before )pre owned purchase from a dear friend who used for 8 years) I shifted to Yamaha RX V 440.....

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the playback!

Arphi faded away then DOME line up came in the picture which was good too.....

An excellent Amp...used it for 5 years before )pre owned purchase from a dear friend who used for 8 years) I shifted to Yamaha RX V 440.....

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the playback!

Arphi faded away then DOME line up came in the picture which was good too.....
True. If Arphi would have continued their speakers till now I would have purchased them

what a great find, surprised to see a toroidal transformer in an Indian amp :)
seeing a toroidal tranny in an amp is generally an indication of a high performance design with no compromise on component quality
please do share some pics of the amp in your setup

seeing a toroidal tranny in an amp is generally an indication of a high performance design with no compromise on component quality

The Arphi AA 140 always had a torodial transformer....i remember as one of the channels had gone kaput...which was fixed by one of the skilled repairers.

Will share the pics soon.

The Arphi AA 140 always had a torodial transformer....i remember as one of the channels had gone kaput...which was fixed by one of the skilled repairers.
The toroidal transformers are always the best. The ampere and wattage is always good from the toroidal transformer

Attaching some pics of the amp(before and after)View attachment 61515View attachment 61516View attachment 61517View attachment 61518
Lucky man in this group # ❤ congratulations sir

I had purchased a non working 100W Arphi free field valve amp from chor bazaar. It has ECC88 and 6L6GC tubes in it. I thought I will fix it or convert it into a stereo sometime but never found the time to do it. Will be a project when I retire.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back