Arylic S50 Pro+ with Schit Modi 3+

Ajitsank

I am building my System and need suggestion if this chain will make any difference to the sound quality;
Arylic S50 Pro+ (Already Bought) + Schit Modi 3+ (Yet to Buy) + Mono Block Power Amp(In process of Delivery-India Make) + Floor Standing Speaker (In process of Delivery-India Make)

I am aware Arylic has an in Inbuilt DAC. Has not read great review of that. Primarily will be using it as a streamer. Will Use the Stand Alone DAC for connecting Laptop / Phone.

I was keen to buy the Denafrip Aries II. Since there is a huge price difference. Was thinking maybe Schit Modi 3 would be sufficient for me. Please help.

I am building my System and need suggestion if this chain will make any difference to the sound quality;
Arylic S50 Pro+ (Already Bought) + Schit Modi 3+ (Yet to Buy) + Mono Block Power Amp(In process of Delivery-India Make) + Floor Standing Speaker (In process of Delivery-India Make)

I am aware Arylic has an in Inbuilt DAC. Has not read great review of that. Primarily will be using it as a streamer. Will Use the Stand Alone DAC for connecting Laptop / Phone.

I was keen to buy the Denafrip Aries II. Since there is a huge price difference. Was thinking maybe Schit Modi 3 would be sufficient for me. Please help.
Hello Ajitsank,
I have got the Arylic S50 pro+ a couple of months ago . Everything is great and there is great clarity and detail ( with Spotify from the phone) considering its a wifi streamer . However I find it is coloring the sound. Its not bad but there is an over emphasis on bass and simply not neutral . As a streamer its great with plenty output options. However request to please audition it before you buy .

It has an inbuilt EQ , even before the DAC stage and think that is the issue. The Flat mode provided should be neutral but there is some EQ applied there too causing the coloration .
Thanks -

Which streaming services do you intend to use?

Hello Ajitsank,
I have got the Arylic S50 pro+ a couple of months ago . Everything is great and there is great clarity and detail ( with Spotify from the phone) considering its a wifi streamer . However I find it is coloring the sound. Its not bad but there is an over emphasis on bass and simply not neutral . As a streamer its great with plenty output options. However request to please audition it before you buy .

It has an inbuilt EQ , even before the DAC stage and think that is the issue. The Flat mode provided should be neutral but there is some EQ applied there too causing the coloration .
Thanks -
Thanks for your reply. I have bought one and would want to know if an external DAC will make a difference.

Than CCA would suffice!

Respectfully disagree Yogesh, Spotify on its own also is enough to warrant a top chain if one has the budget for it. A good DAC will make a huge difference even if its just 320kbps and well mastered, so even if you dont run a lot of Hi-Res stuff a good DAC is a must in a chain, plus sourcing Hi-Res files or subscribing to Tidal can happen anytime considering its 70-80 bucks a month for Tidal Turkey family plan.

On the streamer end I believe the OP has already got a Arylic streamer, personally feel you will benefit with a good DAC and a Schiit Modi Multibit would be a good place to start and you can upgrade to Ares II whenever you feel the budget is right.

Thanks for your reply. I have bought one and would want to know if an external DAC will make a difference.
Hi ,
I have not tried by using the analog out puts . I think the EQ is before the Inbuilt DAC .My experience is with an external DAC connected . Pls don’t get me wrong , the performance is great but not neutral . May be you can share your experience when you get yours .
When the same DAC is used thro PC or CD transport it’s something else .
Again In my search this is one of the most affordable streamer for it has to offer and with a lot of outputs and suits me to fiddle around sitting from my sweet spot seating .
Thanks -

Hi ,
I have not tried by using the analog out puts . I think the EQ is before the Inbuilt DAC .My experience is with an external DAC connected . Pls don’t get me wrong , the performance is great but not neutral . May be you can share your experience when you get yours .
When the same DAC is used thro PC or CD transport it’s something else .
Again In my search this is one of the most affordable streamer for it has to offer and with a lot of outputs and suits me to fiddle around sitting from my sweet spot seating .
Thanks -
Many thanks for your reply

Respectfully disagree Yogesh, Spotify on its own also is enough to warrant a top chain if one has the budget for it. A good DAC will make a huge difference even if its just 320kbps and well mastered, so even if you dont run a lot of Hi-Res stuff a good DAC is a must in a chain, plus sourcing Hi-Res files or subscribing to Tidal can happen anytime considering its 70-80 bucks a month for Tidal Turkey family plan.

On the streamer end I believe the OP has already got a Arylic streamer, personally feel you will benefit with a good DAC and a Schiit Modi Multibit would be a good place to start and you can upgrade to Ares II whenever you feel the budget is right.
Sorry, I didn't elaborate fully. I meant to say as a streamer CCA would suffice. But than, He has already bought a streamer.

And ofcourse, A DAC would surely enhance the experience.

Pardon my ignorance but which dac is this? Is there a thread on this so I can check details?
AD 1862 R2R DAC . For more information you can get in touch with him. Ever so helping. Please remember he is doing this as an hobby. There are few thoughts on the DAC built by him. Do search for the same. Not sure there is one specific thread on it.

AD 1862 R2R DAC . For more information you can get in touch with him. Ever so helping. Please remember he is doing this as an hobby. There are few thoughts on the DAC built by him. Do search for the same. Not sure there is one specific thread on it.
do you have to have a separate Amp to place a dac in the mix? I just bought the Arylic 50+, I have a Schitt modi DAC, but I dont think I can use the dac unless i am only using the Arylic as a PreAmp, am I correct or am I missing something?

do you have to have a separate Amp to place a dac in the mix? I just bought the Arylic 50+, I have a Schitt modi DAC, but I dont think I can use the dac unless i am only using the Arylic as a PreAmp, am I correct or am I missing something?
My Chain:
1. Arylic S50 Pro+ > SMSL SU6 (DAC) > Torvin TDM 500 MonoBlock Power Amp > Torvin Phantom 2 Tower Speakers
2. Rasberry Pi > SMSL SU6 (DAC) > Torvin TDM 500 MonoBlock Power Amp > Torvin Phantom 2 Tower Speakers

Arylic need not be connect to the SMSL SU6 DAC as Arylic's internal DAC is as good as any other in the same price range. I have done A & B and found no difference.

Hope this answers your question

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back