Assembled Surround Decoder DD DTS

Audiodoc

Finally got something cool for an unfortunate headless Logitech Z5500 (coz the airline company lost my control pod and satellites) and my Gainclone multichannel Amplifier which I am building right now. It is a DIY multichannel audio decoder based on the DD DTS certified crystal chip (Now cirrus logic). It has 2 optical, 2 coaxial, analog in and sounds great considering the moolah. Equivalent or better than my default pod on my second Z5500 system.

http://doc.chipfind.ru/pdf/cirrus/cs49326.pdf

900x600px-LL-04e09d49_2.jpeg

LL

The boards for the 3886 based multichannel amplifier and coming DIY projects can be seen here

900x600px-LL-69738f13_2.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats. Please post details like from where did you buy the board, cabinet and ofcourse price.

Got the kit from ebay. There are few cheap ones out there based on this chip for around 3500 bucks (they can make it so cheap coz they do no pay DD and DTS Incs for licenses). Bought an enclosure used for preamplifiers and modded it by drilling the back plate for the inputs and outputs. Added a LM317 337 based regulated power supply to output 12-0-12 and 0-5 supply voltages, did some capacitor mods. Total project costs around 7K of which half is the enclosure cost! Had the enclosure been cheaper one could make an AVR for less than 10K by adding a nice toroidal and 5 LM3886 monoblocks.

Back