Asus Xoner Essence ST sound card + KRK Rokit 5 G2 speaker for my home sterio system

Subha15011976

I want to build my computer audio set up with combination of "Asus Xoner Essence ST sound card + KRK Rokit 5 G2 speaker (pair)". I don't do any music editing work but I only prefer to listen pure music with maximum possible details and accuracy. Since this speakers have no mid frequency driver ( only 5" woofer), how will it deliver vocal & mid frequency range of a song. And what is the speaker connection system with sound card's analog (L Ch., R Ch.) audio port. Lastly is that will be a good combo for music only.

Friends needs ur feedback to buy it soon.

Thanks & regards,
Subhasish Saha

Re: Asus Xoner Essence ST sound card + KRK Rokit 5 G2 speaker for my home sterio syst

KRK Rokits are real studio monitors: they will certainly deliver the full range in so far as is possible with a 5" speaker in a small box. They advertise 52Hz - 20kHz. Who knows what "specifications" mean! I think, though, that the more one climbs the semi-pro/pro ladder, the more it might be possible to trust them, as they are selling into a market that understands the numbers.

The question is, then, not how will you get mid range, but that you won't get very, very deep with such speakers.

Please have a look at the KRK product page. You can probably even download the manual, so you will know all about how to connect them before even buying. By the looks of it, you have a choice of balanced and unbalanced connections. For a consumer card, you would connect (using a spliiter cable if necessary) left analogie out to left RCA in; right analogue out to right RCA in.

As far as I can see, each of speakers "stands alone." That means you must control volume in software or insert some other volume control device.

I once really wanted to take a pair of KRKs home with me: out of my budget! I loved the clear, pure sound. You might consider moving up the sound card ladder, especially as you intend to use analogue out to the speakers.

Re: Asus Xoner Essence ST sound card + KRK Rokit 5 G2 speaker for my home sterio syst

There is another question rises to my mind will this pair of speakers give room filling sound (14"x12") or I have to sit and listen near by to this speakers to get best out of it.
Does any member of HFV auditioned to this speakers with a normal song, plz share ur experience. Because I can't decide whether this pair will be right for me or not.
What is the bass response to this speakers?

Last edited:

There is another question rises to my mind will this pair of speakers give room filling sound
That isn't what I'd buy them for, and I don't think it is their intended purpose, which is near-field monitoring speakers.

Have you heard them yourself? I say that I fell in love with them in a shop, but it wasn't a serious audition, it was a wow-what's-that? response. Actually, I guess that can be even better than a serious audition ;). It was a larger model that I heard (maybe the 8s, I don't know). It's a very clean, clear sound. Studio monitors are meant to play the music as-is, rather than to enhance or change it. That makes them unforgiving: not the speakers to listen to highly-compressed MP3s on, for instance --- unless you want to know what's really wrong with highly-compressed MP3s!

They won't make your music warmer. They won't shake your base with bass. At their price bracket, I would be very happy to put them on my desk, but for a PC-based room-filling system, I think it is possible you might be able to spend your money more wisely.

Sorry to increase the doubt. I'm specifically not giving a yes/no answer, because I don't know. The only speakers I have bought in recent years were desktop monitors. KRKs are much nicer than what I bought --- but would they suit your purpose?

I suspect that a good pair of bookshelves, along with a small desktop amp, would be better for you.

I hope others come to the rescue with suggestions!

That isn't what I'd buy them for, and I don't think it is their intended purpose, which is near-field monitoring speakers.

Have you heard them yourself? I say that I fell in love with them in a shop, but it wasn't a serious audition, it was a wow-what's-that? response. Actually, I guess that can be even better than a serious audition ;). It was a larger model that I heard (maybe the 8s, I don't know). It's a very clean, clear sound. Studio monitors are meant to play the music as-is, rather than to enhance or change it. That makes them unforgiving: not the speakers to listen to highly-compressed MP3s on, for instance --- unless you want to know what's really wrong with highly-compressed MP3s!

They won't make your music warmer. They won't shake your base with bass. At their price bracket, I would be very happy to put them on my desk, but for a PC-based room-filling system, I think it is possible you might be able to spend your money more wisely.

Sorry to increase the doubt. I'm specifically not giving a yes/no answer, because I don't know. The only speakers I have bought in recent years were desktop monitors. KRKs are much nicer than what I bought --- but would they suit your purpose?

I suspect that a good pair of bookshelves, along with a small desktop amp, would be better for you.

I hope others come to the rescue with suggestions!

Thanks mate but I think U got me bit wrong. i am not a boom boom bass lover what I want to express that is this pair of Krk will deliver the reasonable amount of deep and punchy bass for a song like DJ Mix etc.
I know it has only a 5" woofer not a sub-woofer and will not deliver ultra low frequency (20Hz - 50Hz).

I am not a person who listen only MP3 audio, I have a bit of collection of FLAC & audio cd's.

What i need is pure and Cristal clear audio with maximum possible details and nice bass response. My listening distance from the speaker will not exceed 5 ft.

I wasn't trying to refer to your tastes, but rather to find ways of expressing what the speakers might, or might not do. Actually, I probably don't own a single 32kbs MP3 track, but I do sometimes listen to internet radio, and it can be that bad.

What i need is pure and Cristal clear audio with maximum possible details and nice bass response.

Sounds like what I want to achieve too! From my brief experience, the KRKs have that, for sure. I'd say, if it didn't work out for the room, you'd love them on the desk ... but then I remember why I didn't buy them: too expensive. So it isn't something you'd want to get wrong.

I suggest you do some searching on nearfield speakers. Even on this site, its been discussed. I think 5 ft comes within the definition, but I don't know whose definition it is! I imagine speakers like this being not much more than arm's length away.

You are also going to have to work out how to control these speakers' volume. Each is amplified separately, with its own volume control, which is there to set the balance and to match your room. Where is your volume knob going to be? If you are using them at a desk, then you have your keyboard and mouse right at your finger tips. Digital volume control is not considered ideal as, it throws away bits, thus, maybe, throwing away information.

I'm curious to know more about what made you focus in on KRK?

Actually some of my HFV member in there earlier posts recognized KRK's as a very good active monitor. I have also go through some YouTube video on Krk's R5 and one or two of them gave nice impression about how it sounded although the recording had been done merely by a digital camera or camcorder but still this video have caught my attention to that speaker

(KRK Rokit 5 (Excursion) Test/Demo (Camera Audio) - YouTube) & (KRK Rokit RP5 G2 Bass Test ! - YouTube).

I am using Asus Xoner Essence ST sound card which has a in built DAC and stereo analog output.

Will I have full stereophil effect Using this tow speakers and Asus sound card? (playing of sound between two speakers)

Some of my friends said that Active Monitors are "Flat Response Speakers", what does that mean?

Well, I guess he means good music!

And I believe that good music would come out of these speakers :) --- but I'd put them on a desk, not for my living room. It is this point that Subha needs the guidance of other members on. Guys?

Some of my friends said that Active Monitors are "Flat Response Speakers", what does that mean?
It means that they are not tweaked or flavoured to sound good to someone who does not know what they are listening to. They may sound a little dry, or a little cool. Many speaker buyers actually look for a warmer, or more full-bodied, sound, and might not be happy listening to studio monitors.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back