ATC SCM11 V2 vs SCM19 V2

The amps are 400w/ch built by Aniket Das @adas in the forum. I believe @sidvee uses smaller versions of his amps.

I still have the McCormack pre+power. It gets busy/muddy/shouty at moderate to high volumes and feels as if it is struggling for current.

I shall be using this in my bedroom setup with the old be718 now. It never felt like this with the be718.

Little bit off topic from the main discussion

But regarding your McCormack, if i am not wrong it would be 15+ years old ?

Might be even limitations with amp power but even the power supply capacitor would be past their age and hence bass would be muddier then what it was when new.

The amps are 400w/ch built by Aniket Das @adas in the forum. I believe @sidvee uses smaller versions of his amps.

I have same monoblocks. We once tried them with ATC SCM 40 at a friends place, he felt they drove with authority and grunt.

Little bit off topic from the main discussion

But regarding your McCormack, if i am not wrong it would be 15+ years old ?

Might be even limitations with amp power but even the power supply capacitor would be past their age and hence bass would be muddier then what it was when new.
It was new when I bought it around 2008. Yes the electrolytic capacitors probably need to be changed soon. However this problem of losing control of the sound doesn't occur with less demanding speakers. It drives the Be718 just fine. It also drives a pair of Q-Acoustics Concept 20 just fine as well.

The SCM19/SCM20 are just very hard to drive I guess.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back