Audio Gear suggestions for a Bar

Gijo George

Hi
I am upgrading my audio set up in my bar. Got a few suggestions from local AV guys for the below. Would be great if any of you could throw in your 2C.
Objectives: Get really good quality of sound (rather than more noise) compared to the present set up which is basically local satellite speakers and sub. We will be playing mostly deep house music. The system will be playing almost continuously for 12 hours everyday.

Proposed Budget: Rs.11,20,000
Speakers x 12: 420000
Amp for above: 300000
Sub woofer 4 nos: 300000
Cables and accessories: 50000
Installation & Commissioning: 50000

Proposed Speakers by local Vendor: Turbosound NuQ102 x 2 in 736.31 sqft area
Turbossound: NuQ82 x 4 in 629.63 sqft area
Tannoy VX6 Coaxial x 6 in 1382.47 sqft area

Proposed Amps:
Labgruppen PDX 3000 for the Turbosounds
Labgruppen CA 2402 for the Tannoys

Shaded 3 portions is the Bar Area
Bar Area Total: 2747 sqft
629.63 sqft: Long bar counter + 4 tables of 4 chairs each
736.31 sqft: Lounge type seating
1382.47 sqft: Long bar counter + 11 tables 4 chairs each
Bar Layout: File Attached

Putting all the details in here for however it can help in suggestions from you all. Thank you.
1667210752380.png

Hi
I am upgrading my audio set up in my bar. Got a few suggestions from local AV guys for the below. Would be great if any of you could throw in your 2C.
Objectives: Get really good quality of sound (rather than more noise) compared to the present set up which is basically local satellite speakers and sub. We will be playing mostly deep house music. The system will be playing almost continuously for 12 hours everyday.

Proposed Amps:

Putting all the details in here for however it can help in suggestions from you all. Thank you.
View attachment 72931
Tannoy sounds like a nice choice but My gutt tells me JBL range should be considered.

Labgrupen amps are a good option so stick that.

Hi

Proposed Amps:

View attachment 72931
Is there Dance floor in any of these areas?

The system will be playing almost continuously for 12 hours everyday.

Before choosing the components, please focus on choosing the right professional.

A well knowledgeable installer will choose right components rather than pushing stuff.

Hi

Proposed Amps:

View attachment 72931
One of my fav restaurants uses Genelec.
Before choosing the components, please focus on choosing the right professional.

A well knowledgeable installer will choose right components rather than pushing stuff.
and with harman who have their india HO in bangalore could definitely recommend a good one on their books. They would also have a wide range of speakers to choose from…..

One of my fav restaurants uses Genelec.

and with harman who have their india HO in bangalore could definitely recommend a good one on their books. They would also have a wide range of speakers to choose from…..
Genelecs aren't the right choice for this space..
The S360 is the only one which would suit this space and it costs around 4 lakhs each.
Rest of the options are a strict no in his case.

No dance floor.
The system proposal for two of the smaller areas seems like the system plan is for a dance floor.. the audio distribution isn't planned properly then one part would get more SPL over the other.

Another question - at what volume will you normally play? Will it be loud?
The 6" Coaxial might not be powerful enough for such as a huge space if high SPL is needed.

The system proposal for two of the smaller areas seems like the system plan is for a dance floor.. the audio distribution isn't planned properly then one part would get more SPL over the other.

Another question - at what volume will you normally play? Will it be loud?
The 6" Coaxial might not be powerful enough for such as a huge space if high SPL is needed.
There is a glass partition wall with door seperating the 1000 plus area from the above 2 smaller areas. Volume is intended at pub levels. There is no dance floor. I can check the actual desired decibel level and revert today.

Other than the Tannoy, I've never heard or come across Turbosound or Lab Gruppen. They seem to be a respectable manufacturer.
It sounds like your local vendor has put you on the correct path. The question you need to ask is can you make the switch to another speaker brand, if you don't like what you hear. At 11lacs, they better offer that as an option or I'd be looking at another installer.

What sub woofer brand are they using? I assume it will be from Turbosound.

The usual suspects for this sort of installation are JBL, Mackie, etc. However no harm in experimenting with another brand provided you have a support system and a reseller thats willing to back you up.

Other than the Tannoy, I've never heard or come across Turbosound or Lab Gruppen. They seem to be a respectable manufacturer.
It sounds like your local vendor has put you on the correct path. The question you need to ask is can you make the switch to another speaker brand, if you don't like what you hear. At 11lacs, they better offer that as an option or I'd be looking at another installer.

What sub woofer brand are they using? I assume it will be from Turbosound.

The usual suspects for this sort of installation are JBL, Mackie, etc. However no harm in experimenting with another brand provided you have a support system and a reseller thats willing to back you up.
Hey Sandeep. Thanks for the input. They swear on the quality of sound and endurance, will check with them on the replacement part as well. The subs offered are Turbosound 15" and Behringer 12" subs. Will check JBL as well. Any rec for JBL? Lot of reviews on their SRX range but quite pricy. A limitation in my bar is there is only about 1.5 to 2 MTR space between any place we install the speaker and the nearest guest seating. So thinking to have more 8" or 6" drivers rather than 10" speakers which may prove a nuisance to guests sitting beside the speaker.

I am just excited at the prospect of a great sounding watering hole in town! :) Wish you luck with the upgradation!

PS, would love to know the name of the watering hole in question

Hey Sandeep. Thanks for the input. They swear on the quality of sound and endurance, will check with them on the replacement part as well. The subs offered are Turbosound 15" and Behringer 12" subs. Will check JBL as well. Any rec for JBL? Lot of reviews on their SRX range but quite pricy. A limitation in my bar is there is only about 1.5 to 2 MTR space between any place we install the speaker and the nearest guest seating. So thinking to have more 8" or 6" drivers rather than 10" speakers which may prove a nuisance to guests sitting beside the speaker.
You are thinking right..

Distribution and correct angling is critical..
And for those volume levels and duration I really doubt the 6" Coaxials will be sufficient.. coz, if pumped you will risk blowing all the 6 speakers together..

Hi

Proposed Amps:

My knowledge on both components and System is limited to 2 channel hence will not even attempt to advise on what you are looking at !
While the components are important the placement and setup to make sure you have a uniform SPL across will be even more critical hence best to choose the right AV guys to set it up for you !

Any rec for JBL?

JBL is the no brainer brand. That said, no harm in trying something new. Like I said, if you are well supported, the brand does not matter as long as it comes from a respectable manufacturer with some track record of installation systems. If the Installer has been in the business for a while, the least you'd expect is a good solution.

Also do make sure of the warranty for both components as well as implementation. They do need to take care around cables ie shielding , safety and Insulation

Also do make sure of the warranty for both components as well as implementation. They do need to take care around cables ie shielding , safety and Insulation
Speaker cables planned are Belden 2C SWG 12. In wall through PVC pipes. Do these cables need any extra shielding or insulation? They'll be kept at safe distance from power cables if that's what you meant regarding safety.

Speaker cables planned are Belden 2C SWG 12. In wall through PVC pipes. Do these cables need any extra shielding or insulation? They'll be kept at safe distance from power cables if that's what you meant regarding safety.
Pvc pipes are good enough I believe.
Do you have the catalogue number of the cable?.. their pro cables are usually shielded

Safety is all about how they route the cables ..reputed pro's will anyway follow it .

Pvc pipes are good enough I believe.
Do you have the catalogue number of the cable?.. their pro cables are usually shielded

Safety is all about how they route the cables ..reputed pro's will anyway follow it .
Think it's the 46381. Need to confirm.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back