Audio out from Projector

k_vijay12

Many new age model projectors are coming with inbuilt streamers. Also we can connect a dongle / Google chrome / fire stick directly in the projector port.

My question is - If i am using an old 1080p video processing AVR to route the audio from a 4k projector... how to work around the connections / cabling? if i am using the projector in built streamer / firestick directly connected to streamer, How does eARC work in this instance ?one hdmi port wd have the streamer , can we use another non eARC hdmi port for streamer and use eARC port to get the audio to AVR for audio.I dont think this will work out.... Other option is to route the sound is from possibily optical or Stereo out ports, but this gives only 2.0 signal.

Please advice on how to get the audio from the projector. I am assuming i wont be connecting streamer to AVR cos it has only 1080 processing and i will miss 4k. so video out directly from projector.... but how to get audio in a old 1080 avr . I am hoping to use this setup till i upgrade the AVR. no immediate plan to upgrade AVR as prices are unreasonably high.

For the discussion lets assume i got a BenQ TK850 / TK850i (inbuilt streamer model) projector

Many new age model projectors are coming with inbuilt streamers. Also we can connect a dongle / Google chrome / fire stick directly in the projector port.

My question is - If i am using an old 1080p video processing AVR to route the audio from a 4k projector... how to work around the connections / cabling? if i am using the projector in built streamer / firestick directly connected to streamer, How does eARC work in this instance ?one hdmi port wd have the streamer , can we use another non eARC hdmi port for streamer and use eARC port to get the audio to AVR for audio.I dont think this will work out.... Other option is to route the sound is from possibily optical or Stereo out ports, but this gives only 2.0 signal.

Please advice on how to get the audio from the projector. I am assuming i wont be connecting streamer to AVR cos it has only 1080 processing and i will miss 4k. so video out directly from projector.... but how to get audio in a old 1080 avr . I am hoping to use this setup till i upgrade the AVR. no immediate plan to upgrade AVR as prices are unreasonably high.

For the discussion lets assume i got a BenQ TK850 / TK850i (inbuilt streamer model) projector
Use hdmi audio extractor it will suit ur need

Will a HDMI splitter serve your purpose?
Connect the source to the splitter and connect the two outputs to the AVR and PJ?

Amazon link
Looks like this might work. Saw comments from a user with same usecase 4k projector + old 1080 AVR is able to get 5.1 and he is happy.

Thanks a lot .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back