Audio out of the SonyEricsson Older Phones

audioboy

Hello Everybody,

I thought i would discuss this. Have you guys noticed that the audio output out of the older sonyericsson phones, like the w580i or w910i was much better than the newer android phones? Or is it just me?

Just yesterday, i bought a sony ericsson xperia x8, which sounds terrible! with poweramp, it sounds slightly better but i really can't compare it to my older sonyericsson w8, which was stolen (this is why i purchased w8, but not satisfied with sound :(

Anyone else having this issue?

You're comparing walkman phones to smartphones.

You'll get similar quality you're looking for from present generation walkman phones.

w = walkman

You're comparing walkman phones to smartphones.

You'll get similar quality you're looking for from present generation walkman phones.

w = walkman

But sonyericsson w8 is a smartphone walkman, right? it has rubbish sound. i own it and hate it. i think it simply isn't designed to play music, but it emphasizes more on other features. But even the camera is crap!:D

Yes audioboy you are right, older generation W series Sony phones had much better sound quality than Newer android W series phones.

I have W395 model which sounds way better than Zylo or Yendo. I think now Sony is more concentrating on other features of mobile phones.

I used to have a SE w700i and also used w810i for quite a while too. At that point of time, the sound quality thru the included iems ( hpm70/62?) was quite an upgrade but soon realised that it was not all that great. The Nokia N91, Samsung Galaxy S etc which I got later on alongwith the Cowon D2, Sansa Clip Plus, all of these sound way better.
And yes, I have tried the walkman phones with other iems like creative ep830, senn cx300 etc.

Hello Everybody,

I thought i would discuss this. Have you guys noticed that the audio output out of the older sonyericsson phones, like the w580i or w910i was much better than the newer android phones? Or is it just me?

Just yesterday, i bought a sony ericsson xperia x8, which sounds terrible! with poweramp, it sounds slightly better but i really can't compare it to my older sonyericsson w8, which was stolen (this is why i purchased w8, but not satisfied with sound :(

Anyone else having this issue?

You are right I experienced same thing, I have very basic W200i its sound cant be compared to present smartphones unless one choosing a high quality In-ear canalphones.

Last edited:
Back