Audio pass through using ARC To AVR From TV

Nchavva

Hi,

is it possible to audio pass-through using TV ARC.

Example: installing KODI on android Tv and enabling audio pass-through to AVR. If yes, does support(Dolby True HD/Atmos) ? i don't have android TV so i cant test this.

Hi,

is it possible to audio pass-through using TV ARC.

Example: installing KODI on android Tv and enabling audio pass-through to AVR. If yes, does support(Dolby True HD/Atmos) ? i don't have android TV so i cant test this.

Yes.. If the TV has ARC HDMI port.. What are you trying to connect to LCD TV to get ARC enabled?

Tv ARC HDMI to AVR input

The HDMI Out (ARC) from AVR has to be connected to TV's HDMI ARC (input) port for it work.. The HDMI connection between AVR & TV remains the same.. Only the function changes.. Hope i was clear..

Some images for better understanding than the above text..
con_tv_z31_arc.png

The HDMI Out (ARC) from AVR has to be connected to TV's HDMI ARC (input) port for it work.. The HDMI connection between AVR & TV remains the same.. Only the function changes.. Hope i was clear..

Some images for better understanding than the above text..
con_tv_z31_arc.png
Thank you

If we are able to install kodi on tv then media player is not required for Dolby true hd and atoms. Right ?

If we are able to install kodi on tv then media player is not required for Dolby true hd and atoms. Right ?

I haven't tried this.. Try installing Kodi on TV & play a Dolby tracks and observe the codec displayed on AVR front panel..

I guess you have Mi TV box right? Why are you trying to play from TV's USB port, when you have MI Tv box?..

I don't think it is possible to get uncompressed Audio format( True HD/DTS MA )
If you are able to get - U are lucky !!! BTW whats ur TV model ?

I haven't tried this.. Try installing Kodi on TV & play a Dolby tracks and observe the codec displayed on AVR front panel..

I guess you have Mi TV box right? Why are you trying to play from TV's USB port, when you have MI Tv box?..
Mi box sold out. I am trying to buy MI Tv. Till i get Nvidia shield from US i can use tv.

I have Samsung right now. Planning to buy MI TV. It is andriod os. Just checking the feasibility

Think, in that case it might not work.. I was aware of this sometime back, that ARC will send only losssy signals to AVR (DTS & Dolby ) & not lossless signals ( DTS HD/Dolby THD/ Atmos/ Dts X)..

Some info here - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/25-hdtv-technical/2901833-can-arc-handle-dolby-hd-atmos-dts-hd-x.html

Edit - Just came across this HDMI 2.1 eARC, which will send lossless signals to AVR - https://www.soundandvision.com/content/what’s-problem-hdmi-audio-return-channel

Last edited:
Th
Think, in that case it might not work.. I was aware of this sometime back, that ARC will send only losssy signals to AVR (DTS & Dolby ) & not lossless signals ( DTS HD/Dolby THD/ Atmos/ Dts X)..

Some info here - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/25-hdtv-technical/2901833-can-arc-handle-dolby-hd-atmos-dts-hd-x.html

Edit - Just came across this HDMI 2.1 eARC, which will send lossless signals to AVR - https://www.soundandvision.com/content/what’s-problem-hdmi-audio-return-channel[/QUOTE

Denon 1330 is HDCP 2.2 hope it supports. Now we need to know about MI TV ARC type

Denon 1330 is HDCP 2.2 hope it supports.

HDCP 2.2 is different from HDMI eARC.. HDCP is a function of HDMI, while HDMI 2.1 eARC is a standard..

Below article from crutchfield - HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0

When you read about 4K TVs, you’ll often see references to both HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0, which can be a little confusing. HDMI 2.0 is also required for TVs and components to be able to pass 4K video. The big difference is that HDMI 2.0 is backward-compatible with previous HDMI versions, while HDCP 2.2 is not backward-compatible when it comes to 4K video. That means you can connect older sources, like a regular Blu-ray player or cable box to a new 4K TV and enjoy an HD picture. But if a 4K TV senses a 4K video source, it's going to look for the HDCP authentication in order to complete the digital handshake. If it doesn't see it, no 4K picture.

Now we need to know about MI TV ARC type

This should mostly be HDMI 2.0 since it is a 4K TV..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back