Audio Quality Difference

forever.pramod

Why I amn't getting that much high frequency sound from an AVR and Floorstander, which I notice from a low priced HTiB like F&D brand? Is it because AVR uses ICs and those low cost Home Theaters use Transistor?

I saw a HD video was being played in a HTiB with a price tag of approx 8K in a supermarket. The treble was amazing. I downloaded the same video and trying playing in my AVR, but I noticed it just 20-30% of that treble amount.

Can someone explain the reason?

Let me give you my own example: I had once heard an iBall tarang worth just 2K and had liked that sound.

It played on my mind for couple weeks.

Then I visited again but realised it was not Hi Fidelity sound it was just boosted Treble and Bass and nothing in between. The Bass was loose, highs were sharp and thin.

So next time you visit do hear it again. And look for details rather than the extreme frequencies. You might just have a different experience.

Remember in olden days we used to have the famous "V" curve on equalisers - that was boosted trebel and bass. In consumer HTiB the trebel is usually maxed out to give that initial HiFi kind of sound. But you cant hear it for long the ears start paining due to so much high frequencies.
Also ideally high frequencies should not be very sharp they should also be detailed and pleasant to hear.

There is no harm in liking that! If you like it nothing else matters - use it!
Try boosting the treble in the AVR or TV and see if you get the desired results.

So do try it out and see if it helps.

And if you still like the 8K HTiB you know what you should do :)

cheers!

Hi Frequency is very easy(amount of Power considered) re-reproduce also tough to reproduce accurately too.I have felt the same with Budget the HTiB and 2.1 Systems, They are So sharp in treble\High Frequency .It been designed for the people who use it for Movies mostly and they Still feel that Loudness is the Quality Parameter :) .

I have a friend, Who asked me once he asked "If you spend 1 Lakh for Stereo, then with One or two pints in Volume will wake up your neighbors Isnt ?" !

and If you getting 5 Speaker (5.1) for 5-10 K with nice brands like Sony\Philips etc, Why you are Wasting money for 2 Speakers.

So Conclusion is Demand = Supply.

Why I amn't getting that much high frequency sound from an AVR and Floorstander, which I notice from a low priced HTiB like F&D brand? Is it because AVR uses ICs and those low cost Home Theaters use Transistor?

I saw a HD video was being played in a HTiB with a price tag of approx 8K in a supermarket. The treble was amazing. I downloaded the same video and trying playing in my AVR, but I noticed it just 20-30% of that treble amount.

Can someone explain the reason?
One of the reasons that I can think of is at these supermarkets or stores like Croma, the 5.1 speakers are very close to each other and are not placed as away as ideally needed. Speakers being so close to each other, their volumes combine to probably create that higher treble level.

Also I agree to "rohitmusic" on the "V" curve. These HTiB have some enhancement done for them to sound the way they do. I had a LG HTiB and it did sound very good for its price. An enjoyable sound with a "bite".

Let me give you my own example: I had once heard an iBall tarang worth just 2K and had liked that sound.

It played on my mind for couple weeks.

Then I visited again but realised it was not Hi Fidelity sound it was just boosted Treble and Bass and nothing in between. The Bass was loose, highs were sharp and thin.

So next time you visit do hear it again. And look for details rather than the extreme frequencies. You might just have a different experience.

Remember in olden days we used to have the famous "V" curve on equalisers - that was boosted trebel and bass. In consumer HTiB the trebel is usually maxed out to give that initial HiFi kind of sound. But you cant hear it for long the ears start paining due to so much high frequencies.
Also ideally high frequencies should not be very sharp they should also be detailed and pleasant to hear.

There is no harm in liking that! If you like it nothing else matters - use it!
Try boosting the treble in the AVR or TV and see if you get the desired results.

So do try it out and see if it helps.

And if you still like the 8K HTiB you know what you should do :)

cheers!

Thnks a ton Rohit. You made my day. No No. I am nt going to buy one such. ha ha ha ( for your last line)

Hi Forever Pramod

IMHO some AVRs do really well for music...not totally 100% performers like integrated amplifiers but close enough to feel the difference....I noticed you would be using a Denon X2000.....I use a Marantz and both these brands are made by D&M holdings....the key difference is the built quality and components used.

Don't depend on Audyssey for setup and configuration...I am sure you are technically savvy to make manual adjustments to speaker levels, bass + treble adjustments and if the AVR has an EQ, manually adjust the same for optimal quality output for each speaker....this is what I did and Marantz principal is Music first.....works really well as I am into 80% music and 20% movies...so end of the day an AVR can work both stereo and multi channel as you wish....

Try adjusting some settings which I am sure would be present on the Denon....you will be surprised with the performance with some tweaking...all the best....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back