Audio Setup for 3 rooms - 2 Source - HELP!

Haddock

Hi guys, my new house is under construction right now.

I wanted some tips, help regarding multiroom audio setup.

I want to know how to split the audio from two sources to 3 rooms

Audio Source = Sony 5.1 Home Theater & a PC.

I'll be fixing speakers - 2.0 in two bed rooms.

I have a old a Pioneer 2.1 music system (in master bedroom), should i use it as audio output (Audio IN), i.e. from PC (source), or have 2 separate speakers installed.

I've made a rough sketch of the circuitry, is this okay?
audiosplittercircuit4.png

Blistering barnacles, thundering typhoons! Why dont you go wireless with a Squeezebox based set up?

If you are serious, look at a whole home networking, and use CAT5 cables to carry audio and/or video data. That is the best method.

Or, as the second Captain Haddock suggested, look at a wireless system. Using long speakers cables would be impractical.

Cheers

Last edited:
thank goodness i told my builder to do networking inside the house. :D

got the networking conduits for just the rooms (3), not living room.

So instead of running long wires for speakers, should i tell them to use CAT5 cable to hall, how do i connect it thereafter to Sony HT (Audio IN at back).

you also said it can carry Video signals too, i have a LG 42" LCD TV, how to get video in it from PC using CAT5?

sorry, i'm not at all good with electrical & electronics :p

You have to get the help of a professional.

There is a unit called a Balun. This converts A/V signals to data signals that can be carried over CAT5. At the other end, you use another Balun to reconvert back to A/V signals. You would need one CAT5 for audio, and 2 CAT5 for video. This is by far, the best way of carrying AV signals over long distances.

Cheers

Last edited:
are you being sarcastic or serious? :D

i have to get those "balun untis", so that my builer can finish the wiring, right now, only speaker wiring is pending.

i've taken print out of various balun units, only thing i dont know is which area to go & search for it at Bangalore :(

are you being sarcastic or serious?

no, really, -

i would expect a post like this to draw a hundred (help) posts within a day or two-

but, the the way you have worded your posts - the overwhelming thing that comes across is-

"HERE IS A MAN WHO CAN LOOK AFTER HIS OWN NEEDS"

i could be wrong, of course, so i call on all the knowledgeable on this forum to help with first-hand knowledge -

gobble?

Since you are in Bangalore contact Babbler. They will help you source the Balun units. Any dealer who deals with home automation will be able to help you. These units are not available so easily in the retail market.

I am sorry I did not help you before. I saw this thread only now.

As I said before you cannot do this yourself. You need to employ a professional. There are issues of bandwidth, distances, data type, etc. Only one who has done this before would know what to do.

Cheers

no, really, -

i would expect a post like this to draw a hundred (help) posts within a day or two-

but, the the way you have worded your posts - the overwhelming thing that comes across is-

"HERE IS A MAN WHO CAN LOOK AFTER HIS OWN NEEDS"

i could be wrong, of course, so i call on all the knowledgeable on this forum to help with first-hand knowledge -

gobble?
with sudden climate change here, i'm really sick, under medication :p , so totally confused :eek: & thats y i asked u :p

Since you are in Bangalore contact Babbler. They will help you source the Balun units. Any dealer who deals with home automation will be able to help you. These units are not available so easily in the retail market.

I am sorry I did not help you before. I saw this thread only now.

As I said before you cannot do this yourself. You need to employ a professional. There are issues of bandwidth, distances, data type, etc. Only one who has done this before would know what to do.

Cheers
I'll try as you've suggested.

will ask some architects too, they might have some contacts in this regard too.
thanks again guys :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back