Audio Technica LP60X (new model) - Initial tips/suggestions

siddy

Hi,

I'm new to the vinyl world and just purchased an Audio Technica LP60X from amazon.com (For those unaware, this is an upgraded model of LP60 and available at the same price as the LP60 in India if you order from the Amazon.com global store).

Amazon.com listing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N3XJ66N/ref=twister_B07MZXPZWK
Updates in the new model: https://www.turntablelab.com/blogs/guides/audio-technica-at-lp60-vs-atlp60x-comparison

I have a couple of questions:

1. As I understand, I need a Voltage converter to convert our supply to what this device needs (110/120V). Can someone please suggest a good dependable one? Are they easily available in electrical stores? Is there any chance they could damage the turntable?

2. For starters, I intend to connect the turntable to my Bose Soundtouch 20 which has a 3.5mm jack for AUX in. I understand the LP60/LP60X lets you do this as it has a built in pre-amp and I just need to switch the settings to "Line". Does this sound right? Do I need to do anything else?

Your comments/feedback are much appreciated!

Sid

Please check the ratings on the adapter.
Most likely it will be from 100 to 220/230v
In which case you do not need a converter

This was delivered safely and I'm very very happy with it. However, I'm back to the Voltage/Power supply question. Audio Technica says this on their website:
The AT-LP60x will be sold with the appropriate power transformer for the region they supply. The AT-LP60x sold in the US will be for 120v power whereas the AT-LP60x sold where 220v power is supplied, the turntable will have the appropriate power supply for 220v.

HOWEVER, in the product delivered to me, I can clearly see on the adapter "110-240V 50/60Hz" - almost always this means the device can handle all voltages within this range. So now I'm confused. Just to be safe, I'm using a voltage converter, but I'm wondering now if that is needed at all! Not sure if the official website has it right. I also raised the same question to turntablelab.com and this is what they said:

this Turntable can handle up to 240 volts and can be used in India.

I've sent another e-mail to Audio Technica to confirm!

This was delivered safely and I'm very very happy with it. However, I'm back to the Voltage/Power supply question. Audio Technica says this on their website:

HOWEVER, in the product delivered to me, I can clearly see on the adapter "110-240V 50/60Hz" - almost always this means the device can handle all voltages within this range. So now I'm confused. Just to be safe, I'm using a voltage converter, but I'm wondering now if that is needed at all! Not sure if the official website has it right. I also raised the same question to turntablelab.com and this is what they said:

The power socket on the turntable says dc 12 volts. That means your adapter should provide 12 Volts dc . The 100 to 240 V rating would indicate that it's a switching supply with a wide mains input capability. So you should get 12 volts at the small dc plug that comes out of it. Measure the dc voltage with a volt meter when plugged into the mains if you have a doubt. You could also look at the information that will be on the adapter itself. It will specify the input voltage ( 100-240 V 50Hz/60Hz) and the output voltage ( 12 V dc ) . That would mean you can plug it in safely into your 230 V mains.
The user manual mentions that there is no power switch. So your turntable is powered up as long as there is power to your adapter. So to turn off power , the adapter should be connected to a switched mains outlet, or removed when not in use.

Hi,

I'm new to the vinyl world and just purchased an Audio Technica LP60X from amazon.com (For those unaware, this is an upgraded model of LP60 and available at the same price as the LP60 in India if you order from the Amazon.com global store).

Amazon.com listing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N3XJ66N/ref=twister_B07MZXPZWK
Updates in the new model: https://www.turntablelab.com/blogs/guides/audio-technica-at-lp60-vs-atlp60x-comparison

I have a couple of questions:

1. As I understand, I need a Voltage converter to convert our supply to what this device needs (110/120V). Can someone please suggest a good dependable one? Are they easily available in electrical stores? Is there any chance they could damage the turntable?

2. For starters, I intend to connect the turntable to my Bose Soundtouch 20 which has a 3.5mm jack for AUX in. I understand the LP60/LP60X lets you do this as it has a built in pre-amp and I just need to switch the settings to "Line". Does this sound right? Do I need to do anything else?

Your comments/feedback are much appreciated!

Sid

Hi Sid,

I just noticed that you bought the LP60X and I am also planning to buy the same model. I just checked on amazon.com to get it shipped from US to India. Although the price looks good, amazon is charging additionally approx $75 for shipping.

How much did you pay for shipping when you bought this from amazon.com?

Regards,

Pushkaraj

I use a AT LP 120 USB. There is a switch beneath the platter to select the voltages. Have a look if you have one too.

Welcome to the world of Vinyl Siddy.

Next time on, do consider spending a little more and get something like a U Turn audio turntable. This is a beginner turntable.

To be frank, I can't find any difference with the LP60X. It is a model made for multiple brands including Marantz and Denon. Also; with an LP60X, there is no room to upgrade anything on it. A slightly more expensive turntable gives you some flex, if not a lot.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back