Audition of Mission and Wharfedale in Chennai

atozguy

Hi

I have bought an ONKYO TX 8522 Stereo receiver that has 100W X 2 Dynamic Power.

I would like to audition the Mission MX34i / 35iand Wharfedale Diamond 9.5/10.5 in Chennai and also would like to buy from Chennai. Any inputs? Pls also provide the current price.

I auditioned Jamo C506 and was impressed, but no stock and instead i was offered C808 which in addition to C506. has additional Woofer of 8 inches. It is 7 K more to C506. Pls suggest best matching speakers to my ONKYO.

Hey a2z, I to am going to purchase onkyo 2ch amp with a pair of paradigm monitor 7. Te model of amp you mentioned is not seen on onkyo India site. Where did you get it and for how much? How does it compare to onkyo TX 8555?

Hi atozguy,
wharfedales you can audition in Grand cinemas, Kodambakkam Chennai. Especially the diamond 9.5 sounded good to my ears and a real value for money at around 29k. For Missions there is no proper dealer network over here in Tamilnadu it seems. Think both the speakers would match your amp, wats your budget?

Regards,
Dr.kandeeban

Hi atozguy,
wharfedales you can audition in Grand cinemas, Kodambakkam Chennai. Especially the diamond 9.5 sounded good to my ears and a real value for money at around 29k. For Missions there is no proper dealer network over here in Tamilnadu it seems. Think both the speakers would match your amp, wats your budget?

Regards,
Dr.kandeeban

Thanks for the input. My budget is 28K. I need a clarification. I have two rounds of audition for Jamo C506 in Stereo Setup. The first one was powered by Sherwood (100 + 100) Amp and the second one was Marantz PM 6003. Contrary to popular belief, i felt down with the sound output of Marantz (required more volume for deep bass). During both auditions the Bass & Treble were in neutral position. Now I am confused whether it is the quality of speakers or the amplifier or both that is/are responsible for the quality of sound output. Seems I should audition with my own amp, before buying Floorstanders of my taste. Would it be a good idea to consider hi-end FS like Aviano 8 or Dali Lektor 6 for a low-end Amp (50W + 50W) ? Pls advise.

Hey a2z, I to am going to purchase onkyo 2ch amp with a pair of paradigm monitor 7. Te model of amp you mentioned is not seen on onkyo India site. Where did you get it and for how much? How does it compare to onkyo TX 8555?

I am sorry Paritosh. The Model that i have is TX 8255. I bought it as a used piece from a audio consultant for Rs.9500/-. From the specifications of TX 8555, it appears to be a renamed model of TX 8255. Built with special features like Speaker Switch (A + B), Motorised Volume Control, Pure Audio Mode makes this attractive. I doubt anyone with reasonable expectations will be disappointed as this stereo amp/receiver provides performance and quality well beyond its price level.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back