Auditioned my first HiFi (CA 640) at Audio Planet (Mr Palani)

sonic

Hello All,

Yesterday i auditioned my HiFi CA 640V2 CDP and Amp. with Mordaunt short 906i floor standers.

first of all, a word about Mr Palani, GREAT GUY! i was amazed how he gave demo of the system, made me listen to different speakers, and explaing how each would sound with different frequencies. I spent around 1 hour in his studio, and he wanted me to sit there longer and listen to whatever music i want to listen to! Highly highly recommended if anyone wants to buy CA products.

he quoted Rs72,000 for the CDP, Amp and the speakers. I need to know you opinions on this quote. ANy other options in this price range?

Thanks
Sonic

I am not expert, and I have no idea of prices, but I know that this is a good combination of components. I'll wait for others to tell you about whether it's a good deal or not.

Hi Sonic,
This is a decent combo. What matters is how u liked the sound?
Am not updated on prices so cant comment.My only advice is to listen to many more components in similar price range and few even higher and then make an informed decision. Nad/Marantz for electronics and MA/Quad/B&W etc etc for speakers is an alternative.
Take some time and listen to the sound that appeals to u. Make use of the fact that tons of gear is now locally available.
Regards

You got a pretty decent deal ; CA 640 amp and CDP is indeed a good , musical combo, however speakers, I suggest you to audition some more brands. Quads are good and gel well with CA gears.

My sincere suggestion would be, select speakers first and then the rest of the electronics.

Hello All,

Yesterday i auditioned my HiFi CA 640V2 CDP and Amp. with Mordaunt short 906i floor standers.

first of all, a word about Mr Palani, GREAT GUY! i was amazed how he gave demo of the system, made me listen to different speakers, and explaing how each would sound with different frequencies. I spent around 1 hour in his studio, and he wanted me to sit there longer and listen to whatever music i want to listen to! Highly highly recommended if anyone wants to buy CA products.

he quoted Rs72,000 for the CDP, Amp and the speakers. I need to know you opinions on this quote. ANy other options in this price range?

Thanks
Sonic

Dear Sonic

Be satisfied...
You have got a good deal for the same...

I know, Mr. Palani for more than a year...
He really is a Great Guy...
He explains each bit in brief, so that even a lay man, comes to know, what exactly they are a buying...

And moreover, he is not just selling you the stuff...
He will personally come to your place during the installation, and will guide on everything, plus he will tune in your receiver accordingly as well..
Thats more than what you are paying...

So go on...

And please dont forget to post some pics of your system...

Hi Sonic,
This is a decent combo. What matters is how u liked the sound?
Am not updated on prices so cant comment.My only advice is to listen to many more components in similar price range and few even higher and then make an informed decision. Nad/Marantz for electronics and MA/Quad/B&W etc etc for speakers is an alternative.
Take some time and listen to the sound that appeals to u. Make use of the fact that tons of gear is now locally available.
Regards

Hi Dinyaar,
Yes, very true, i msut buy what i like, reviews can only take me to the source. Could you recommend a place where i can audition NAD in bangalore ?
Thanks
-s

Hi
you can audition the NAD at ARN Systems on coles road, fraser town un Bangalore. Do send us an email at least a day before you plan to come down.
thanks
[email protected]

absolutely true about what everyone has said about Palani.
He is a true audio enthusiast and takes the time to explain until all your queries are explained and clarified.

It is a good deal mate.

Typically, speakers are classified into 2 broad categories - American & European.
MardauntShort is an European one that has a mellow and crisp sound. The other one that he proudly help people with during auditioning is the Boston speakers, which is an american one.
The difference between the both is that the American ones have a more louder response, specially when you listen to the same track first in the European and then the American speakers. For people who listen to a good amount of Rock / Metal, you might find the American more attractive, however, during a movie, you'd see the vocal would be more shrill / prominent and the european ones have a more deeper sounding note.

Please don't let the brands decide what you like, rather, try closing your eyes and listening to the same music over & over in different speakers and let your senses do the selecting.

Another suggestion, please take your fav selection of music, and Palani would be more than happy to let you listen to them for as long as you like...

Thanks Palani for the great work and being ever so sincere with all us budding audiophiles...

- m

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back