Auris Blume Pro as External DAC

Manish Sharma

Hi
I purchased Auris Blume pro LDAC bluetooth receiver for my old AV receiver as a bluetooth upgrade...I purchased it keeping in mind the LDAC streaming which is upto 990kbps...Lateron I started playing directly from my sony walkman 3.5mm jack thinking that I am giving pure signal to my receiver...But one day I jus played from my macbook M1 max and I was blown out with the difference in sound quality...the sound quality sounded more open and had better dynamics than sony walkman NW-A105's 3.5mm jack...It was like 2x the upgrade...Then lateron I installed audirvana and the sound quality even enhanced more...But the DAC in audirvana says that the macbook's M1 DAC is max 24bit/96khz...Then I tried using Auris Blume pro as an external DAC but it says its 24bit/48khz...whereas the specs says its 32bit/384khz...What wrong am I doing?? I have attached the specs ..plz help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 5.21.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 5.21.06 PM.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 10
Hi
I purchased Auris Blume pro LDAC bluetooth receiver for my old AV receiver as a bluetooth upgrade...I purchased it keeping in mind the LDAC streaming which is upto 990kbps...Lateron I started playing directly from my sony walkman 3.5mm jack thinking that I am giving pure signal to my receiver...But one day I jus played from my macbook M1 max and I was blown out with the difference in sound quality...the sound quality sounded more open and had better dynamics than sony walkman NW-A105's 3.5mm jack...It was like 2x the upgrade...Then lateron I installed audirvana and the sound quality even enhanced more...But the DAC in audirvana says that the macbook's M1 DAC is max 24bit/96khz...Then I tried using Auris Blume pro as an external DAC but it says its 24bit/48khz...whereas the specs says its 32bit/384khz..

.What wrong am I doing?? I have attached the specs ..plz help
You are doing nothing wrong. It is apple which is doing everything wrong on macbooks, mac minis and apple tvs.

macbooks run OSX, apple tv runs tvOS and IOS devices run IOS. Three different OS from the same company but each handing audio differently. Some amount of stupidity has gone into programming the audio stack on apple tv and OSX. The audio stack runs at a fixed sample rate. For apple tv you can't do anything and you don't need to as all movie sound tracks have 48 kHz sampling rate. Only IOS does it correctly.

Luckily for macbooks, you can use audio midi app to change the sampling rate. But you have to use it everytime a song changes and the sampling rate changes. How stupid isn't it? Luckily someone has written an opensource app to automically switch the sampling rate. I use this on my macbooks and macmini.

Last edited:
You are doing nothing wrong. It is apple which is doing everything wrong on macbooks, mac minis and apple tvs.

macbooks run OSX, apple tv runs tvOS and IOS devices run IOS. Three different OS from the same company but each handing audio differently. Some amount of stupidity has gone into programming the audio stack on apple tv and OSX. The audio stack runs at a fixed sample rate. For apple tv you can't do anything and you don't need to as all movie sound tracks have 48 kHz sampling rate. Only IOS does it correctly.

Luckily for macbooks, you can use audio midi app to change the sampling rate. But you have to use it everytime a song changes and the sampling rate changes. How stupid isn't it? Luckily someone has written an opensource app to automically switch the sampling rate. I use this on my macbooks and macmini.

Ohhh ok got it bro…Will introducing a DAC make some difference to the sampling rate?

Ohhh ok got it bro…Will introducing a DAC make some difference to the sampling rate?
Doesn't matter if you use the macbook's internal dac or external dac. The macbooks and mac mini screws up the audio with a fixed sampling rate.

But if you install the lossless switcher, it will do the job of setting the correct sampling rate for the dac (regardless of whether it is internal or external).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back