AV Home Theatre Components - Importing from US

iamkarthikvarada

Hi Guys , Karthik here from Hyderabad. I have recently purchased a LG OLED B9 65 inch variant , while going through on how to setup a home theatre for my new television i stumbled upon this forum . Best place for an AV enthusiast hands down !

My usage is mainly Youtube/Netflix/Prime/Disney Plus Hotstar and 4k remux movies playing from external hd or Plex client on LG.
Secondary usage is for latest gen (Xbox series x ) console gaming.

As this is my first setup would be going pretty basic ,based on my research i have considered the HT Setup which is as follows (planning to buy next month):

Avr > Denon 1600h or 2600h as i need earc port for latest gen consoles.
Speaker package 5.0 > Taga harmony 606 v3 or SE
Subwoofer : Not Decided but might go for Yamaha(ns 200,300)
Ceiling speakers:Not Decided yet

So one of my friend is coming from the US , I have already booked him to get the Xbox series X

What all other equipment related to AV for can we get from the US so that it will make my life easier and would be easy on my pocket.

I have thought of getting the Nvidia shield tv pro (Is it required for my usage)

I have also thought of Ultra high speed(48 Gbps) Hdmi cable for the earc port .

Any other equipment which we could get from there (i have zero knowledge on the cable system required for the home theatre setup)

Help on this would be much appreciated , Thanks in advance !!

Edit : Not planning to get AVR , Speakers or subwoofer as it would be too heavy for a person to carry ...

Last edited:
May be you can ask him to get cables and good interconnects. Carrying a AVR from there is not a good option i feel coz of 110V again 230 we get here but then if you are planning on getting a step down then yeah.
Speakers there are a lot of options here so again if your friend can carry it then nothing like it.

The rest of the components can be bought here especially AVR. this will give you peace of mind regarding warranty and voltage difference. Speakers will be too heavy for anyone to hand carry. For HT setup speakers and IC wires can also be bought here but do consider buying premium wires from the US.

May be you can ask him to get cables and good interconnects. Carrying a AVR from there is not a good option i feel coz of 110V again 230 we get here but then if you are planning on getting a step down then yeah.
Speakers there are a lot of options here so again if your friend can carry it then nothing like it.
Hi , Not planning to get the Avr,Subwoofer,Speakers as it would have too much burden on him . Can you suggest the specifics of the cables required , interconnnects required ..

Considering the very steep prices and tremendous hike happening every year in our country for AV components ,it's a good option of getting imported from US.Nvidia shield pro will be a good choice. howeber some disadvantages are there likesay AVR needs a 110v to 220 v transformer. Also there is no international warranty for that.
If possible try to get speakers from there.Only problem is it will be heavy .

Hi , Not planning to get the Avr,Subwoofer,Speakers as it would have too much burden on him . Can you suggest the specifics of the cables required , interconnnects required ..
You can ask him to get WBT RCA interconnects a couple of them, Banana Connectors good quality ones, Speaker Cables from Mogami or anything that’s good, HDMI cables, May be a good Dac too probably Schiit or anything that you like.
If you like to have a stereo then Parasound NC200 pre and power. This not very heavy and can be definitely hand carried. Moreover Parasound has HT Bypass which will be a great 2 ch listening when you are just listening to music. Best part about Parasound is it’s compatible for both 110 and 220v
There are a lot of things you can get.

Although avr, power amp and speakers are heavy, but you can ask your friend to bring a good preamp. They are small and price a alot. In case you get a multichannel processor, then you can get a multi channel poweramp instead of avr. This separates setup would sound better than an AVR setup.

@iamkarthikvarada Denon 1600 is an excellent AVR to start with and myself brought 1600h and I have added the Custom LCR from IndiqAudio and they make an excellent pair with Denon 1600 is able to drive them fantastically and you will definitely be satisfied with it and you can get a custom finish to match your interior.
Apart from this, you will get 15 days trial from indiquadio.

Yes, it comes with 110-220v capable power adapter
Thanks.
I am on look out for Media Box that can play local content and support latest codec. I see Zidoo players were suggested in the forum, but they were on pricier side.
From your sign, I see that you own STV Pro. Can you suggest any competent players that can play media files from USB HDD (file size around 20Gig) and available locally ? Price less than 10K.

I have Fire Stick for streaming tasks, so, streaming support can be optional.

Thanks

Thanks.
I am on look out for Media Box that can play local content and support latest codec. I see Zidoo players were suggested in the forum, but they were on pricier side.
From your sign, I see that you own STV Pro. Can you suggest any competent players that can play media files from USB HDD (file size around 20Gig) and available locally ? Price less than 10K.

Thanks
Himedia q5 pro is an good option for local playback price around 14k available in amazon

Himedia q5 pro is an good option for local playback price around 14k available in amazon
Its again at higher end, for that price, I can try to source STV from abroad.
I googled for Android TV boxes , it seems potent devices are all priced above 10k, sigh

Its again at higher end, for that price, I can try to source STV from abroad.
I googled for Android TV boxes , it seems potent devices are all priced above 10k, sigh
Get a amlogic processor based android box like h96 pro, gt beelink. 3-5k cost.... Install coreelec or libreelec ( optimized standalone kodi player bsed OS on sdcard) ...these will give u 4k video and hd audio for local content...

...Can you suggest any competent players that can play media files from USB HDD (file size around 20Gig) and available locally ? Price less than 10K.

Pls go thru this thread.

Back