AV Racks

Fillmore

Hi,

I am looking for similar AV Racks that are adjustable in terms of shelf height.

Do you know where they are available in India ? Specifically Bangalore.

Samples
Peerless_Industries_AVL_AVL_A_V_Component_Rack_752920.jpg

rackpic.jpg

Thanks
Fillmore

Hi
I have recently gone with a server rack for my audio equipment and I am not sure if I will go the same way again if I had the chance.

Am sure you have done the due diligence but I will point out in case you missed it.

Most important, you absolutely cannot stack it as shown in that picture. The heat dissipation will not happen and some of the components will get cooked from the heat of the component below it.
Then comes the cleaning limitation. Hands will not reach between 2 components.

For all practical purposes, half the rack size from what it states in the specs.

Another point to think of, there are hidden costs involved here.
Once you get a rack, you will want castors, cooling (read a NOT a cheap bathroom fan)

Then worry about earthing.
Then each rack shelf is in itself expensive depending on load capacity.
Expect to spend close to 500USD all in all.

If you still want a rack, then check Amazon. Best is if you can get it built from local iron welding chaps.

Hi,

I am looking for similar AV Racks that are adjustable in terms of shelf height.

Do you know where they are available in India ? Specifically Bangalore.

Samples
Peerless_Industries_AVL_AVL_A_V_Component_Rack_752920.jpg

rackpic.jpg

Thanks
Fillmore

Check with Mr. Murthy who does make them as a hobby. His store is on commercial street opposite eastern stores. His number is 9880033516. I also want a custom made rack for my system. I met him in Bangalore and seemed like a very genuine person. His racks have been praised on the forum here. He maybe able to help you.
Good luck.

Last edited:
If someone is building it locally and is a audio enthusiast then that's the road I would take.

Some points to remember when you are custom building,
- cable management needs to be thought over. Just bunching cables or letting them loose all over the back side will affect sound (and video) quality.
Some components have power chords on left side and some on right side. Annoying when you have to cross power cables across sides. This will also open the can of worms regarding shielded power chords and how much you wanna spend.

- do you want a hinged back so you can wall mount the rack and open to access wiring at the back side?
- extra room at the behind so cables don't get pinched when you close the back.
- do you want convection cooling or active fan bases cooling? If fan based cooling, then do you want a microprocessor monitoring the temp and controlling fan speed ?

- how much future expansion space do you need?
- what are the type of components you will mount? Class A or A/B will vent heat in bucket loads.
- size of the components (width).
- are the components rack mountable?

Just how many components do you have and what's the weight of them?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back