AV Receiver and floorstanders (40K - 50K)

Suneet,

I am also using Jamo S 606, but with Marantz SR301 reciever. The results are outstanding. You can also consider this.

There are various excellent companies coming up with different home theatre concepts. I just went thrugh LATEST - What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision , Denon has launched 2.1 channel HT. Prices also dropping down swiftly, lots of competitors in the market. Whatever we buying today for 50k, will shortly be under 20k to 25k. In the end we customers are benefitted.

I just happened to visit the below website, looks they have good collections, not sure about their costings;

ABSOLUTEPHASE

I am using Jamo S 606 HT with Marantz SR301 reciever. Its an excellent system with good budget, and outstanding quality. I am sure Denon or Onkyo recievers will also work well with this. All three have good reputation.

Whatever reciever you choose, but you must consider HDMI output, and if possible 7.1 channel too. Its new generation thing, i am regereting for not taking the upgraded one.

How come no one ever talks about Jamo? don't they go really well with Denon, and are decently priced as well...
I've been thru a lot of posts but haven't seen a single comment on those. Just wondering - are they not comparable to Monitor, KEF, Polk Audio etc?

2nd question, if I had to choose one of the following floorstanding speakers under 50 k which would be most recommended?
- Monitor (Bronze or silver range)
- Elac (FS57/58) - I liked their sound quality, one of my acquaintance has complete elac set, with CC51, BS 53)
- Polk Audio (Monitor 70)
- KEF (IQ Series)
- MS Avant 914
- Wharfedale Diamond
- JAMO Anyone???

I'll skip DynAudio, Dali and B&W as they are too expensive. I guess they dont have floorstanding under 50k (correct me if I am wrong)

Please state your choice and or special comments on any of the above

I am using Jamo S 606 HT with Marantz SR301 reciever. Its an excellent system with good budget, and outstanding quality. I am sure Denon or Onkyo recievers will also work well with this. All three have good reputation.

Whatever reciever you choose, but you must consider HDMI output, and if possible 7.1 channel too. Its new generation thing, i am regereting for not taking the upgraded one.

Hi Shawn,
Can I ask you how much you spent on this combo..?

Akshaye,

I spent 60K including everything. Let me know if you need any other information.

Shawn

Denon, Marantz mate well with Jamo, KEF and Polk Audio
Onkyo mate well with Elac, and others as well.

I think one should stick to certain combinations (since there is simply too much to choose from). Jamo with Onkyo I am not so sure that it would be a good idea.

Any inputs on this?

What other pairings does one recommend?

Denon, Marantz mate well with Jamo, KEF and Polk Audio
Onkyo mate well with Elac, and others as well.

I think one should stick to certain combinations (since there is simply too much to choose from). Jamo with Onkyo I am not so sure that it would be a good idea.

Any inputs on this?

What other pairings does one recommend?

Yeah..you are absolutely right..I had auditioned Onkyo receiver with Jamo...but the combo was not so good..its my personal opinion..

I think buying AV stuff in India is a real ripoff. Last week I was visiting Dubai and couldnt believe my eyes when i happened to check out the AV section in Carrefour.

The combo - Jamo S606 floor standers, s6 surrounds, center channel along with Onkyo TX SR505 plus Jamo SUB300 was costing only 1,799.00 AED = 19,252.35 INR.

A similar package in Cinebels in Garuda Mall, Bangalore for around Rs,40,000/- just for the speaker package with a very sad subwoofer- Jamo SUB200. A total of over Rs.60,000/- for the whole package. Mr.Jagdish of Cinebels is a very nice gentleman but his hands are tied. He was willing to offer the best deal possible.

I dont know, if its our economy we should blame or the middlemen! Guys, for people who earn in rupees, we are talking about big money here. Think twice b4 making any impulse investments.

Best Regards!

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back