AV Receiver in Singapore

naveenkumar

Hi All.

I would like to Buy an AV Receiver in Singapore, Please give me the details where I can get the good deals on it.

Thanks
Naveen

Hi All.

I would like to Buy an AV Receiver in Singapore, Please give me the details where I can get the good deals on it.

Thanks
Naveen

If you live in India I would suggest you buy your AV receiver in India itself altough you may be paying a slighly higher price (but hey you have the peace of mind knowing that your product carries a guarantee).

If you are in S'pore check out Sim Lim Tower and The Adelphi for all your AV receiver needs.

hi guys

If you plan to buy high end stuffs ( like around 1L or so ) then you can try buing in singapore or dubai ., etc etc. But if u buy a budget system i suggest the Grey market prices are same in India. only around Rs.500 to Rs1000 different . either ways you are not going to get warranty ,

mohan

Hi Mohan & Cyrus......

Many thanks for your valuable information. Right now I am in UK and enquired about some AV receivers here.

Marantz SR4600 - 199
Yamaha RXv-650 - 299
Denon AVR-2106 - 299
Pioneer VSX-915 - 199
Yamaha RXV-459 - 179

Could you please tell me where the above prices are to buy and is it possible to get the same in India grey market.

Mohan : Could you please let me know Grey market locations in India.

Awaiting for your replies.....

Naveen

The prices of A/V recievers in India and abroad are huge! ANy idea where one can source Marantz A/V receivers, Monitor AUdio BR5 speakers from the Grey market in India?

The prices of A/V recievers in India and abroad are huge! ANy idea where one can source Marantz A/V receivers, Monitor AUdio BR5 speakers from the Grey market in India?

You can try Heera Panna - a shopping mall near Haji Ali/Tardeo in Mumbai. They have a hi-fi store there that has plenty of grey market gods.

Chennai is a place that i know deals in all sorts of Grey market products , right from DVD players to Hi end Speakers , you get every thing in grey in Chennai.

mohan

HI Jagat/Sound of Music - Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I live in Delhi and prices and avaliability of what I want are a questionmark here. Will try to do a trip down to Mumbai and audition the stuff.

Was thinking of teaming up Marantz 5001 with Monitor Audio BR5 speakers. Have a room size of 13 X 20 feet. I am largely into music (Blues, Jazz, Blues Guitar, sometimes Rock). Since its a one time investment I am looking for an AVR (With good stereo amplification) so I can upgrade to a HT set-up later on. What do you guys think of this setup?

A/V receivers are quite cheap here if you compare with India. I am planning to buy a Denon 3808 and the authorised dealer in Mumbai quoted me Rs 105,000/- :mad:

In Singapore, the same model is available for SGD $1900 (Rs 50,500/- ) and you get back 7% of this amount if you are on a social visit/tourist visa. :D

A/V receivers are quite cheap here if you compare with India. I am planning to buy a Denon 3808 and the authorised dealer in Mumbai quoted me Rs 105,000/- :mad:

In Singapore, the same model is available for SGD $1900 (Rs 50,500/- ) and you get back 7% of this amount if you are on a social visit/tourist visa. :D

Prices in India are OBNOXIOUSLY expensive.... Indian dealers (save a few) are ripping audio enthusiasts... price of a Marantz SR 5002 (NEW) in Singapore is under 20K while the older SR 5001 in India is being sold off for more than 45-50K... come on guys! Give us salaried (no black money) audio enthusiasts a break!

I am ready to pay a premium for warranty/on bill in India but not more than 100%!

Hi ajitbm,

Could please let me know how much duty we need to pay here. Also let me know the shop names in singapore to get the good deals....

Thanks

Hi Naveen,

I am not sure about the Indian custom duty as I work here in Singapore and have not yet taken back hi-fi stuff to India. I plan to buy HT stuff here before I move back to B'bay/Pune as the price difference, for HT stuff, is quite high between India & Singapore. Its not only the AV receivers, but the speakers are also much much cheaper here. A pair of B&W 685 in SG is $980 (Rs 26,000/-) while the same speakers in India are for RS45,000/-.

A good place to buy HT stuff is "The Adelphi" building near City Hall MRT (Opp Funan IT Mall). You can try out KEC sound (HIFI BARGAIN | Kec Sound Pte Ltd), Alpha Audio as I know these are reliable shops due to my previous dealings with them. You will be able to find most of the brands (speakers, amps, transports, A/V receivers, cables) in Adelphi. Yesterday, helped a friend buy a Marantz 4001 with a pair of Mission 34i, pair of M30i & a M3c2i for $2050 (Rs 55K) with a Marantz iPod dock, speaker wires, delivery & installation thrown in free from Alpha Audio.

If you go to these shops, you should bargain on the quoted price. The more stuff u buy from a shop, the better price you will get.

If you are not a permanent resident or a citizen of Singapore, you will get 7% of the cost back as GST (goods & service tax) refund. So it makes the deal more sweeter for visitors :) . Make sure you ask for the GST refund forms at these shops.

Feel free to ask me any queries you have.

Ajit.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back