• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

AV Receiver in Singapore

Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker

naveenkumar

Hi All.

I would like to Buy an AV Receiver in Singapore, Please give me the details where I can get the good deals on it.

Thanks
Naveen

cyrus

Hi All.

I would like to Buy an AV Receiver in Singapore, Please give me the details where I can get the good deals on it.

Thanks
Naveen

If you live in India I would suggest you buy your AV receiver in India itself altough you may be paying a slighly higher price (but hey you have the peace of mind knowing that your product carries a guarantee).

If you are in S'pore check out Sim Lim Tower and The Adelphi for all your AV receiver needs.

soundofmusic

hi guys

If you plan to buy high end stuffs ( like around 1L or so ) then you can try buing in singapore or dubai ., etc etc. But if u buy a budget system i suggest the Grey market prices are same in India. only around Rs.500 to Rs1000 different . either ways you are not going to get warranty ,

mohan

naveenkumar

Hi Mohan & Cyrus......

Many thanks for your valuable information. Right now I am in UK and enquired about some AV receivers here.

Marantz SR4600 - 199
Yamaha RXv-650 - 299
Denon AVR-2106 - 299
Pioneer VSX-915 - 199
Yamaha RXV-459 - 179

Could you please tell me where the above prices are to buy and is it possible to get the same in India grey market.

Mohan : Could you please let me know Grey market locations in India.

Awaiting for your replies.....

Naveen

spycatcher

The prices of A/V recievers in India and abroad are huge! ANy idea where one can source Marantz A/V receivers, Monitor AUdio BR5 speakers from the Grey market in India?

Jagat

The prices of A/V recievers in India and abroad are huge! ANy idea where one can source Marantz A/V receivers, Monitor AUdio BR5 speakers from the Grey market in India?

You can try Heera Panna - a shopping mall near Haji Ali/Tardeo in Mumbai. They have a hi-fi store there that has plenty of grey market gods.

soundofmusic

Chennai is a place that i know deals in all sorts of Grey market products , right from DVD players to Hi end Speakers , you get every thing in grey in Chennai.

mohan

spycatcher

HI Jagat/Sound of Music - Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I live in Delhi and prices and avaliability of what I want are a questionmark here. Will try to do a trip down to Mumbai and audition the stuff.

Was thinking of teaming up Marantz 5001 with Monitor Audio BR5 speakers. Have a room size of 13 X 20 feet. I am largely into music (Blues, Jazz, Blues Guitar, sometimes Rock). Since its a one time investment I am looking for an AVR (With good stereo amplification) so I can upgrade to a HT set-up later on. What do you guys think of this setup?

ajitbm

A/V receivers are quite cheap here if you compare with India. I am planning to buy a Denon 3808 and the authorised dealer in Mumbai quoted me Rs 105,000/- :mad:

In Singapore, the same model is available for SGD $1900 (Rs 50,500/- ) and you get back 7% of this amount if you are on a social visit/tourist visa. :D

spycatcher

A/V receivers are quite cheap here if you compare with India. I am planning to buy a Denon 3808 and the authorised dealer in Mumbai quoted me Rs 105,000/- :mad:

In Singapore, the same model is available for SGD $1900 (Rs 50,500/- ) and you get back 7% of this amount if you are on a social visit/tourist visa. :D

Prices in India are OBNOXIOUSLY expensive.... Indian dealers (save a few) are ripping audio enthusiasts... price of a Marantz SR 5002 (NEW) in Singapore is under 20K while the older SR 5001 in India is being sold off for more than 45-50K... come on guys! Give us salaried (no black money) audio enthusiasts a break!

I am ready to pay a premium for warranty/on bill in India but not more than 100%!

naveenkumar

Hi ajitbm,

Could please let me know how much duty we need to pay here. Also let me know the shop names in singapore to get the good deals....

Thanks

ajitbm

Hi Naveen,

I am not sure about the Indian custom duty as I work here in Singapore and have not yet taken back hi-fi stuff to India. I plan to buy HT stuff here before I move back to B'bay/Pune as the price difference, for HT stuff, is quite high between India & Singapore. Its not only the AV receivers, but the speakers are also much much cheaper here. A pair of B&W 685 in SG is $980 (Rs 26,000/-) while the same speakers in India are for RS45,000/-.

A good place to buy HT stuff is "The Adelphi" building near City Hall MRT (Opp Funan IT Mall). You can try out KEC sound (HIFI BARGAIN | Kec Sound Pte Ltd), Alpha Audio as I know these are reliable shops due to my previous dealings with them. You will be able to find most of the brands (speakers, amps, transports, A/V receivers, cables) in Adelphi. Yesterday, helped a friend buy a Marantz 4001 with a pair of Mission 34i, pair of M30i & a M3c2i for $2050 (Rs 55K) with a Marantz iPod dock, speaker wires, delivery & installation thrown in free from Alpha Audio.

If you go to these shops, you should bargain on the quoted price. The more stuff u buy from a shop, the better price you will get.

If you are not a permanent resident or a citizen of Singapore, you will get 7% of the cost back as GST (goods & service tax) refund. So it makes the deal more sweeter for visitors :) . Make sure you ask for the GST refund forms at these shops.

Feel free to ask me any queries you have.

Ajit.

Last edited: