AV receiver with a separate connection for an Active Subwoofer Output

saikat_1506

I have a Pioneer XT303 1200W peak car subwoofer (250W normal) and it's plenty loud for me inside small car, so i wants to connect this sub with any 5.1 HT AV receiver. I don't want to buy one 5.1 home theatre system (package) with 5 speakers and another subwoofer. Am looking for a good AV reciever so that i could connect multiple sources like 3D Blue Ray player, HD TV, Digital TV set-top box HD recorder and subwoofer. Please suggest which AV receiver i would consider which is having a separate connection for an Active Subwoofer Output and My budget is below 30K.

Regarding impedance matching, my pioneer 12" subwoofer is 4 ohm (per voice coil) with 250watts RMS power handling, does Denon 1612, Yamaha 471, Pioneer 821 A/V reciever supports and handle this properly with pre-out or do i need a separate 1000W amp to power the sub. Please help.

Regarding impedance matching, my pioneer 12" subwoofer is 4 ohm (per voice coil) with 250watts RMS power handling, does Denon 1612, Yamaha 471, Pioneer 821 A/V reciever supports and handle this properly with pre-out or do i need a separate 1000W amp to power the sub. Please help.

the receivers you note do not support 4 ohms. You will need a power amp.

Is the Pioneer subwoofer an active one? If so you can use it with any of the above AVRs. Otherwise you will need an amp to drive the subwoofer.

Check the impedance before connecting the sub. Not knowing your sub you may need to rewire in some instances.

The subwoofer usually has its own amp. Moreover, none of the AVR's power the sub. All they have the pre-out, which is not affected by impedance of the subwoofer driver.

To OP: If your subwoofer has its own amp then you need not worry about the impedance. Just connect a RCA cable from AVR sub pre-out to the amp and you are done. Don't forget to level match the sub with rest of the speakers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back