Availability of Stereo Amplifiers with USB input in India ?

Correction: Just realized that this one is more of a USB DAC. What I am looking for is a stereo amplifier which can directly read data from USB. Something of the likes of desi cd players with built in amplifier and USB support. I dont need the CD support, just the USB and the great amplifier section, put in a good looking shell.

Peachtree Nova has a USB input and is a good configuration for computer based systems.

It may be slightly above your budget though. I think Sridahar from ARN Systems stocks it.

Now that was some suggestion. Any insights on the India price ?

Thanks for this one. It sure looks interesting.

EDIT: Dude you are mocking at my sorry state :( That thing is not only more than my budget, it is in fact like double of what I've thought of spending :p

Last edited:
EDIT: Dude you are mocking at my sorry state :( That thing is not only more than my budget, it is in fact like double of what I've thought of spending :p

It happens in hi-fi. I have ended up spending six times my original budget for my set up. If you have the budget, do aim for something you can keep for a fair amount of time and something that is versatile. Peachtree fits the bill from both counts.

An alternative would be Denon or Onkyo small systems. They have an integrated CD player and amplifier (and speakers) and atleast one of those models comes with a USB data (not digital) input. I had finalised Denon for 23K with a dealer (speaker + CD receiver) and i think the Onkyo was about 32K.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back