AVATAR BR SteelBook Edition - My Exclusive Review

Saw it listed on ebay.in for 1299rs, i assumed it's indian.

Thanks mate, saw your post and ordered it:yahoo:. Have to watch it this weekend, what with Sam, idlebrain, Konfused, Subhash everyone praising the SQ and PQ so much. I called Subhash to check and he said "Superb" in his usual style only for really good movies. That "Superb" for me is more than a THX Certification:).

This is the seller from where I bought it. There are others who have listed for Rs.1249 and 1275, but this seller had clearly mentioned it is Region A and C, so bought it from him as my player is Region A.

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250619582860

I called Subhash to check and he said "Superb" in his usual style only for really good movies. That "Superb" for me is more than a THX Certification:).

So you trusted subhash over my review for the BR quality...eh!...mmmmmm....................Just Kidding :p :) :) ....... I am happy that finally you placed the order, trust me you wont regrette....

So you trusted subhash over my review for the BR quality...eh!...mmmmmm....................Just Kidding :p :) :) ....... I am happy that finally you placed the order, trust me you wont regrette....
Hey Sam, it was your elaborate review that even made me think about buying the Avatar BD, especially the bit about no extras to give priority to SQ and PQ:p. Then I read what Konfused, idlebrain and Subhash had posted all on the same day. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, watching this in the theater gave me a headache. But you guys praised it so much that I decided to buy.

About Subhash's "superb", it immediately makes one want to watch the movie. It comes straight from his videoholic heart. You should hear it to know what I mean:).

Hey Sam, it was your elaborate review that even made me think about buying the Avatar BD, especially the bit about no extras to give priority to SQ and PQ:p. Then I read what Konfused, idlebrain and Subhash had posted all on the same day. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, watching this in the theater gave me a headache. But you guys praised it so much that I decided to buy.

About Subhash's "superb", it immediately makes one want to watch the movie. It comes straight from his videoholic heart. You should hear it to know what I mean:).

its ok...... I was just kidding :), I understand. I wish I can visit subash....maybe some day.....:). Get you copy and dont forget to share your thought over it......:)

Thanks mate, saw your post and ordered it:yahoo:. Have to watch it this weekend, what with Sam, idlebrain, Konfused, Subhash everyone praising the SQ and PQ so much. I called Subhash to check and he said "Superb" in his usual style only for really good movies. That "Superb" for me is more than a THX Certification:).

This is the seller from where I bought it. There are others who have listed for Rs.1249 and 1275, but this seller had clearly mentioned it is Region A and C, so bought it from him as my player is Region A.

eBay India: AVATAR (2009) James Cameron Original English BLU RAY (item 250619582860 end time 22-May-2010 01:15:46 IST)
Anytime! That was fast! Ordered and you must have got it now?

Received my Avatar BD today. Tried watching a few scenes. Amazing PQ, never experienced something like this so far in my limited HT experience. The scene where Jake sees those "Touch me nots" almost looks like 3D. Loved the scene where he encounters the hammer headed rhino like beast and where he is chased by the reptile like creature - fantastic LFE. Can't wait to watch the full movie - hopefully get to watch it this weekend. I am glad I made this purchase. Thanks Sam and others for your reviews:)

Hi Sammy ,
Read ur review of Avtaar,all superlatives.Will definitely plan a trip now if only 2 have a look at the movie on ur HT.Have u changed ur opinion regarding this movie being lesser than District 9.Is the steel box edition more expensive than the regular one ?Cause i read in one of the posts that it is available for Rs 1200 +.Anyways keep those reviews coming they r helpful.;)

Received my Avatar BD today. Tried watching a few scenes. Amazing PQ, never experienced something like this so far in my limited HT experience. The scene where Jake sees those "Touch me nots" almost looks like 3D. Loved the scene where he encounters the hammer headed rhino like beast and where he is chased by the reptile like creature - fantastic LFE. Can't wait to watch the full movie - hopefully get to watch it this weekend. I am glad I made this purchase. Thanks Sam and others for your reviews:)

congratts friend :) dont kill the enthu by watching the scenes, just take out time, switch off lights, turn up the volume, and enjoy the ride in one go....:D

its ok...... I was just kidding :), I understand. I wish I can visit subash....maybe some day.....:). Get you copy and dont forget to share your thought over it......:)

hi sam

somehow missed this thread

thats a great review from you , very true this is one of the best BDs i own and its absolutely superbb!!!

i guess watching it in theaters was no were near to the experience in our own HT set ups , have enjoyed it the best in my HT

This BD really rocks everything

Well, at last I gave in to the temptation and bought Avatar blu-ray today from Calypso Jayanagar. Couldn't watch the complete movie yet but yes, the picture looking 100 times better than the crappy 3D at Lido. This is a much better experience than the 3D.

Hi Sammy ,
Read ur review of Avtaar,all superlatives.Will definitely plan a trip now if only 2 have a look at the movie on ur HT.Have u changed ur opinion regarding this movie being lesser than District 9.Is the steel box edition more expensive than the regular one ?Cause i read in one of the posts that it is available for Rs 1200 +.Anyways keep those reviews coming they r helpful.;)

Hey Bro good to see you here..... :) and yes you got to see this Movie on BR......worth it. As a movie in itself...... no I still would rate District 9 over AVATAR, infact District 9 would be my one of the best movies of last couple of years. But if we see the A/V quality, no one can beat AVATAR, its just marvlous, no movie has shook my bed with such huge thunders than AVATAR, its an amazing experience........

Steel book edition is a bit expensive, normal copy in Indian Stores (Planet M etc) is for 1300/- bucks which is pretty much same as other BRs so its not a bad deal.....

Finally got my AVATAR Steel Book edition BlueRay from Amazon UK for 1700 Bucks..............Within 10 days itself, this time as well. Following is my small exclusive review......

The package includes.

1. Steel Book Cover for the discs
2. Online access to exclusive AVATAR program which includes
a. Interviews
b. Unseen footage
c. Special features

3. Four 3D Hologram AVATAR postcards
4. AVATAR DVD
5. A survival guide to Pandora

2w7k3o9.jpg

Regards
-Sammy

Hi,

Prima facie, I thought you went to the top of your building in excitement to take the shot of the discs, then guessed it could be a window!

From what I read, I thought there would be extra "scenes" in the blu-ray, anyway no issues as everything is so bluey in this movie!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I am just searching for my credit card!:sos:

Cheers!

It was after your comment of balcony did I notice the avatar pic in roof top properly
and it got me thinking as to how they could have supplied a 10 feet high poster with the Disc....:D Only after a few moments did I notice the books behind and realized the perspective.:D Great photography !

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back