AVR + 5.1 i within 25-30k Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB_BOSS
Yogesh wrote :

Can you please highlight the diffrences between receiver of 5105 and AVR390. I only see both are basic and 5105 has Audyssey setup. BTW whats GUI here?

GUI- Graphical user interface

Wow I knew this from long ago, :)

but how is it relevant to AVR's here?

Hi SUB BOSS,
Couldn't find a weblink where they are giving full package details of AVR 390. Can you send me the same? BTW what is the price of AVR 390 (incl AVR + 5 spkrs + Active Subwoofer)

It is odd that the dealer who sold Onkyo 5105 to me also dealt in DENON, but he told in clear terms that no other brand gives 5105 total package features in 32k

Thanks,

NPS in Bangalore is the importer. This model is a singapore version and you can check in Denon Singapore site. I bought it for 29k and very happy as you get wooden(read MDF) speakers which are sonically superior to plastic ones. It retails @ 36-40k and sells between 29-32k.. Use HDMI to TV for video and Coax for Digital audio to AVR.

I would never go by dealers word. They sell what fetches them more money, so listen, research and buy. Also found the sound to be more smooth and not harsh or sharp,very important for movie viewing as you tend to spend more time on a movie.. Good details and quite powerful for a room 10'*20'. Better than others in this range.IMHO

Last edited:
NPS in Bangalore is the importer. This model is a singapore version and you can check in Denon Singapore site. I bought it for 29k and very happy as you get wooden(read MDF) speakers which are sonically superior to plastic ones. It retails @ 36-40k and sells between 29-32k.. Use HDMI to TV for video and Coax for Digital audio to AVR.

I would never go by dealers word. They sell what fetches them more money, so listen, research and buy. Also found the sound to be more smooth and not harsh or sharp,very important for movie viewing as you tend to spend more time on a movie.. Good details and quite powerful for a room 10'*20'. Better than others in this range.IMHO

Can you please give the details of NPS, like phone no, addtess, location etc.

sushanthace wrote :
Well i am not sure why GUI is being compared here since i dont think even Onkyo has one. May be it is display on AVR.

Hmm if it's display I guess that's last on priority, if on entry level too much money is spent on display you know what you get inside.

guys help me..

suggest me few shops in chennai to purchase my 5.1 , Onkyo / yamaha most probably

And does these shops give on EMI ? if so how much would be the intial payment. ?

guy i have finally fixed my eyes on 3 system

Onkyo HT-S5205
Onkyo HT-S3200
Yamaha YHT-195

i want the latest price of them and plus which one you guys think is the best .

I heard that 5105 is around 25 k , so i think 5205 would be around 30 k , which i think i can afford ,also found that 5205 has a powered sub , whereas 3200 has passive sub , both have HDMI pass though only. so need your comments on all the receivers mentioned above ..

another thing is what are the shops in Chennai i should look for and will they give it in EMI ? Also how much does speaker stand cost ? i am planning of buying those things along with the speakers.

currently i have a LCD , PS3 , Hi-fi stereo as STB(Dish) ,and now this 5.1+avr and in my home place , there are often power failures , so suggest me a good solution for power management. i have no idea. should i go for like UPS or stabilizer ? Help me on this issue also

Please reply me guys.

I am planning to buy coming Monday ... as i am leaving to my my home place .. so if i don't get it coming Monday , i have to get it two months later.

so please help me.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back