AVR around 1L

Dirac really takes the sound to another level. Really like it. Modularitiy is great for adding newer audio/video formats. I mean the older nads which did not have hd sound could benefit from the modularity but it sure is pricey. I also got this around 1.5 years back got my sound cad upgraded to the newer ones after persisting with Nad Asia Pacific and am now very happy with the same. My reasons for preferring this receiver over the others was the sound. Well though I have a separate setup for music but still occasionally use this while listening to songs on youtube. Further if you have a bigger room use this with a power amp as this is rated for 60 watts

What's all this talk about modularity in the NAD .. is it practical ? Any issues all this while.. ? Seems like the NAD may be a bit better VFM than Arcam/Anthem ..
l guess NAD avrs are known for true power than features.Sound quality is first priority with NAD avrs.

Dirac really takes the sound to another level. Really like it. Modularitiy is great for adding newer audio/video formats. I mean the older nads which did not have hd sound could benefit from the modularity but it sure is pricey. I also got this around 1.5 years back got my sound cad upgraded to the newer ones after persisting with Nad Asia Pacific and am now very happy with the same. My reasons for preferring this receiver over the others was the sound. Well though I have a separate setup for music but still occasionally use this while listening to songs on youtube. Further if you have a bigger room use this with a power amp as this is rated for 60 watts

So how much did the trade-in cost you..?

I'm just trying to gauge a ballpark on the ownership/repair/upgrade costs for the NAD.

So how much did the trade-in cost you..?

I'm just trying to gauge a ballpark on the ownership/repair/upgrade costs for the NAD.

Trade in ??

Actually apart from the purchase price I havent paid anything extra for the repair and upgrade of the AVR. The upgrade card which I mentioned was released by NAD due to some comments from owners regarding issues with the sound card. I faced some issues in the optical i/p which had an intermittent static and wanted to get the newer card in lieu of a repaired one so had to escalate the same upto NAD Asia Pacific.

At that point in time an AVR with 11.1 preamp with dirac at this price (alongwith bluesound) was a great deal in my opinion

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back