AVR for B&W CM10

ElDuderino

Hi everyone. I have decided on B&W CM10 + Centre + Surrounds + Sub (7.1 setup). Now, the issue is choosing the correct way to drive them.

CM10 Fronts are rated as 30-300W. I have no clue where to begin. Even the top most AVRs give 145W @ 8 ohm. Is it sufficient?

Last edited:
Choose an decent mid priced avr which has pre outs and buy a good stereo power amp. Don't worry if the power amp is rated at 100 or 150 watts. A good power amp will have enough juice to drive the speakers as compared to any avr in that or even higher budget. These speakers deserve a good amp. This suggestion is considering that surround setup is a must and you need to power centre and surrounds, which the avr can do directly.

If you are not planning on a 5/7 channel setup, just get a good stereo integrated (or pre power) and do justice to the speakers.

If you are not planning on a 5/7 channel setup, just get a good stereo integrated (or pre power) and do justice to the speakers.

Totally forgot to mention- It is a 7.1 channel setup, but other speakers are ~150W or below. Say, I get a Marantz 6009. Where do I go from there? Can I use the stereo pre power to drive just the fronts?

Hi everyone. I have decided on B&W CM10 + Centre + Surrounds + Sub (7.1 setup). Now, the issue is choosing the correct way to drive them.

CM10 Fronts are rated as 30-300W. I have no clue where to begin. Even the top most AVRs give 145W @ 8 ohm. Is it sufficient?

This flagship model B&W CM10 is ideal for music.
Don't worry 'purchase another bookshelf speaker to connect home theatre purpose'.

In the home theatre, the ideal speaker is a 'big CENTRE channel'.
Floor standers have good looks, otherwise no role in home theatre room (if you're adding a sub woofer).
My point is that 'purchase another pair bookshelf and a good centre channel, then seek a AVR'...

Last edited:
This flagship model B&W CM10 is ideal for music.
Don't worry 'purchase another bookshelf speaker to connect home theatre purpose'.

In the home theatre, the ideal speaker is a 'big CENTRE channel'.
Floor standers have good looks, otherwise no role in home theatre room (if you're adding a sub woofer).
My point is that 'purchase another pair bookshelf and a good centre channel, then seek a AVR'...

I have a chosen a centre. It's CM C, from the same family. It's 150W so I have no problems driving it.

Could you recommend a good stereo amplifier, and how to install it with Marantz 6009?

Robin's suggestion is also valid. If you only want to movies, just get a bookshelf from the same series and a decent avr. You will save a lot. My suggestion is based on an assumption that you will listen to high quality music (cd, lossless, high Rez etc.) also from the same setup.

Yes Aashish. My usage is mixed. It is a dedicated home theater, but will be used for music as well. My budget is nothing fixed, but I am willing to spend under Rs. 2,00,000 for the receiver.

Yes Aashish. My usage is mixed. It is a dedicated home theater, but will be used for music as well. My budget is nothing fixed, but I am willing to spend under Rs. 2,00,000 for the receiver.

My suggestion is
1. Yamaha RX-A3030 or RX-A3040
2. Pioneer SC-LX87 or SC-LX88

Reason for this selection
1. 150 watts @ 8 ohms
2. 24/96khz DAC
3. FLAC & Apple lossless support etc
4. More pre outs

Stereo Amplifier for B&W CM10 Speakers

Choice 1. Anthem integrated 225

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back