AVR Prices Increased or decreased with COVID?

edjamesx

Hi All ,
I wanted to upgrade my AV receiver (which i am keeping my existing AVR for more than 10 years). It's quite outdated. No HDMI , no 4k , no Dloby True HD sup[port , No dolby atmos support. Though this AVR quite served me very well. I wanted to upgrade my AVR last year , but due to some financial constraint i have hold my purchase.

Now i wanted to purchase new AVR , so whats the situation now. Are the prices increased for AVR with COVID situation ? .
I was not aware of the new AVR prices hence not sure prices increased or decreased.

I am looking for Denon AVR ( preferably 9.1 channel AVR with dolby atmos capable ). Is this the right time to invest?.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Hi All ,
I wanted to upgrade my AV receiver (which i am keeping my existing AVR for more than 10 years). It's quite outdated. No HDMI , no 4k , no Dloby True HD sup[port , No dolby atmos support. Though this AVR quite served me very well. I wanted to upgrade my AVR last year , but due to some financial constraint i have hold my purchase.

Now i wanted to purchase new AVR , so whats the situation now. Are the prices increased for AVR with COVID situation ? .
I was not aware of the new AVR prices hence not sure prices increased or decreased.

I am looking for Denon AVR ( preferably 9.1 channel AVR with dolby atmos capable ). Is this the right time to invest?.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
I think there is not much change. Infact many people like me buying HT as they are spending more time at home then outside.

AVR prices (like any other items that are not manufactured in India) have gone up in India since March due to contraction of transit/logistics and also the rupee depreciation (minor factor). In the context of AVR prices, just assume 10..15% tax increase and move on... not worth sending time pondering what if...

Prices have not increased till now. But yes, discounts on popular products have come down or vanished altogether.
If you're open to 7.2 Denon, below one is a good vfm.

It definitely has gone up at least by 10% from last year or so for few products at least (I bought Speakers recently and MRP on box from last year is 10% lower than current mrp I see online)

Thanks all . Would it be worth waiting till this COVID over!! Any chances of prices getting lower?.

Since we are at home always because of COVID, will get more time to setup ,Tune && Use the system ..:):):):)
Once started going to office ..Will not get much time !!

Thanks all . Would it be worth waiting till this COVID over!! Any chances of prices getting lower?.

Since we are at home always because of COVID, will get more time to setup ,Tune && Use the system ..:):):):)

No one can predict if the price will go up or down. It all depends on the demand and supply. Low supply prices will spike and high demand again prices will spike.

Prices will go up & few distributors have already increased the prices of their products. You can't blame the Distributors as import duty on electronics has increased since April & we have the weak Rupee to account also. So expect 10-15% price increase once Covid spread is over.

Cheers.

Dont expect prices to go down. If you have the finances ready now is the best time to upgrade.

When I last spoke to hifimart and some local stores in Pune about a Marantz amp which was out of stock, they mentioned that they had no idea when new stock will be available and new prices are expected to be high.

Likely to go up but definitely not coming down Unless dollar crashes which is highly unlikely in next few qtrs.

also when a new model is launched or old is discontinued discounts are offered ....you can look for such products ... they offer good value for money since most often than not unless the upgrade in the new model is significant or something that we need ...spending that extra makes no sense

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back