AVR rookie

fotograms

In the past, I had a Yamaha stereo dual amplifier hooked up to my existing Klipsch speakers that are still good.
It was 25 years old (not the speakers) and it finally gave up the ghost so now I have questions about a new system I will be getting soon.
I am receiving a new Marantz AVR SR7015-9.2 ChannelAmplifier in a few days.
I have not set up an AVR before. Is it possible to hook up 11 Klipsch speakers along with two 12”subwoofers?
Four of the speakers are large the rest are smaller according to what
I've read.
Thank you in advance for your advice:)

When you say 11 speakers, which exact models are you talking about? The 7015 can power 9 speakers and you would need a 2 channel power amplifier for remaining speakers. Yes, you can hook up a couple of 12" active subwoofers.

In the past, I had a Yamaha stereo dual amplifier hooked up to my existing Klipsch speakers that are still good.
It was 25 years old (not the speakers) and it finally gave up the ghost so now I have questions about a new system I will be getting soon.
I have not set up an AVR before. Is it possible to hook up 11 Klipsch speakers along with two 12”subwoofers?
I've read.
Which models and for what positions? Technically if for example you have 4 x in ceiling speakers, you could connect them in parallel so two speakers output the same signal and have a 7.2.2 setup

When you say 11 speakers, which exact models are you talking about? The 7015 can power 9 speakers and you would need a 2 channel power amplifier for remaining speakers. Yes, you can hook up a couple of 12" active subwoofers.
Thank you for your response. It looks like I will need to put an order in for a power amplifier. A BaseX A3 looks like it will work according to my research. I am looking forward to a full surround sound system, with ceiling speakers four high mounted corner speakers, and two full surround sound speakers.

I've read.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back