Avr to connect my TV and home theatre

Sunandan

Hi, I have sony home theatre of 850rms 5.1 output and have only av input option. I bought recently new led tv which is having only optical and HDMI output. It also have Dolby Atmos/Dolby pl inbuilt. I am not able to connect my TV and home theatre.
Can any one suggest a devise to connect at minimum price. My sony home theatre working well.
Thank you

You should be looking at AV receivers that has HDMI inputs... Any Onkyo, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer AVR should be able to do what you want to do.

I'm sorry to say, your present receiver cant do it.

Ohhh..
Thanks for the info.. how much cost it will be for a basic av receiver..?
Will there be any optical to av coverter will not work?

Ohhh..
Thanks for the info.. how much cost it will be for a basic av receiver..?
Will there be any optical to av coverter will not work?
That will lose serious quality and I wouldn't recommend at all.

Find your room size, look for speakers that suit your taste, then look for a matching AV receiver if you have enough budget.

If you are really content with your Sony, I'd suggest you to take a look at Onkyo HTIB solutions (Home Theater in a Box). They have an affordable starter receiver and far descent speakers and a Subwoofer than your current Sony system and the receiver would allow you to connect multiple HDMI inputs (Devices like Set top Box, Blu Ray Player, PC, Gaming console or whatever it has Coax/Optical/HDMI outputs) and you can connect the Onkyo's HDMI out to your TV.

Or you can choose a sound bar with Digital Optical Input which allows a subwoofer connection and surround speakers if you want surround.

If you don't want speakers, but just the AVR, go for used. But, you gotta be using your little Sony speakers with an AVR that won't do enough justice.

Feel free to state your budget. :)

Back